Southwest Booking Thru May 10

Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying to get airfare out of Cols, OH to FLL leaving April 5th and returning April 9th...but its saying that April 9th does not have service...yet it shows flights on the schedule? Anyone else having problems????

Call them it might be a glitch in their system. I just booked for April 6 no problems

I guess it's true when they say "you snooze, you lose"! I am working from home today and didn't get the chance up until 20 minutes ago to check out the fares and when I did all the good "cheap" fares were sold out. I am flying from Providence, RI to Ft. Lauderdale and I just purchased two R/T tickets on SW for $560.00 total (not too bad---$280.00 each ticket) and just about $38.00 more than for the same time this past April. Could have been cheaper, but I got mine---whew!!

we cruise may 6th to the 13th I will be buying 5 tickets I can book the flight down on may 5 for $49 but the flight home is not available for awhile. My question is should I book one way now? no way will it ever go lower than $49

we cruise may 6th to the 13th I will be buying 5 tickets I can book the flight down on may 5 for $49 but the flight home is not available for awhile. My question is should I book one way now? no way will it ever go lower than $49

49$ BOOK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just booked it family of 5 for $296.50 on May 5th non-stop from Pittsburgh to Orlando! Now we just have to get home!

Are you signed up for the Southwest "DING" which notifies you of special and such and when bookings open? If not go to the site and sign up

From what I have been able to figure out they open the dates up around the 15th of the month....I'm booking my flight to Orlando tonight $68.70 or something crazy like that.

It is not every month, the last time they opened up new dates before the other day was about 4 or 5 months ago

Don't feel bad, you didn't wait until the last minute! I tried to get flights from Reno to Orlando half an hour after they opened up thru May (we need March 9th - March 18th), and all the cheaper fares were already gone! I have been trying 2 and 3 times a day for the last 4 months, and then I found out from reading other posts on this board, that they would probably open up on a Thursday around 10 a.m. Central time. I forgot to check right at 8 a.m. Pacific time, and by the time I remembered at 8:30 a.m., they were gone! What's left is more expensive than flying American!!!!

Wow, thank you all for the business!! I will try and answer all the posts. Yes, it is supply and demand. All of the lower fares are capacity controlled...the longer you wait the higher it goes. We just added a 5th nonstop from Manchester to Orlando (starts March/07).

The schedules are released every quarter, so the next extension should be in a couple of months. That can always change though depending on new or additional flights. I just tried booking Columbus-Fll and MCO and it worked fine.

Thank you all for flying southwest...it allows me to get a paycheck and keep taking cruises!!

Let me know if I can answer any specific SWA questions.

-Steve

Let me know if I can answer any specific SWA questions.

-Steve

Cheaper Price from MCO-PHL-PIT then MCO-PHL

Is there anyway we can get our checked luggage off the Plane in PHL ?

We are really only looking for a one way from MCO to PHL ?

Anyway of doing this other then just carrying on all our Luggage?

If Not ........... Would booking the flight MCO-PHL possibly get us the lower fare if we booked over the phone with a Southwest directly with their Customer Service person? and explaining the prices? Would they possibly cut us a break?

Jimbo smile.gif

Just booked it family of 5 for $296.50 on May 5th non-stop from Pittsburgh to Orlando! Now we just have to get home!

Wow- that's awesome!!!

Just so you can appreciate how lucky you are-I booked our family of 5 on a flight to FLL from Manchester yesterday for $930.50- then our return flight is costing me $1038!

This was less than 24 hours after they opened up the new dates!

When flying April vacation week from MHT , the supply and demand thing always kills me!

Jimbo - Not sure when you are going but I checked the fares from MCO to PIT and PHL. PHL was actually lower for a one-way. Unfortunately, they most likely wont pull your bags off for a couple reasons.

The internet fares are always lower than calling a southwest rep. We have lots of sales, especially into PHL since we are competing heavily with US Air. Just keep checking. Im not sure if Baltimore is an option, but there are more flights and its much easier than PHL airport (ATC/Weather wise).

Hope that helps.

Steve

For those that have already booked filghts on SW and were unable to get in on the lowest internet rates, do not give up hope. Though the lowest fares are "capacity controlled" they are going on the assumption that the demand will fill the seats at the higher fares, this does not always pan out. For example: I booked on the previous round for a RT to TPA leaving on the Monday after Thankgiving, from the get go there were no super deals for the flights down but as time went by and (I guess) as the demand wasn't there for the fares asked they lowered the fares twice to less than half of what I originally paid. I wound up with a credit which I used on this last schedule extension which paid for more than half of the RT fare for next April. Just keep chechkng !!

Don't feel bad, you didn't wait until the last minute! I tried to get flights from Reno to Orlando half an hour after they opened up thru May (we need March 9th - March 18th), and all the cheaper fares were already gone! I have been trying 2 and 3 times a day for the last 4 months, and then I found out from reading other posts on this board, that they would probably open up on a Thursday around 10 a.m. Central time. I forgot to check right at 8 a.m. Pacific time, and by the time I remembered at 8:30 a.m., they were gone! What's left is more expensive than flying American!!!!

Don't worry, you weren't too late. Southwest had the cheapest fares blocked out from the time that they went on sale. As Zebra36 said they are hoping too fill the plane with higher fares knowing that his is a busy time for travel. If this doesn't happen they will begin offering better prices closer to the travel date. If you purchased a higher fare and they drop I undrestand you can rebook on SWA for no additional fees.

Archived