Price reduction

TeaBag

Could someone please explain to me how you go about getting a price reduction if you booked through a TA? Our cruise which leaves in 3 weeks has been discounted by $50 by several agencies, Celebrity included. I called Celebrity and they told me that I had to go through my TA. Naturally we are paid in full since it is only 3 weeks to go. TA's office is closed on the weekends, so I will phone on Monday but I would like to be armed with information beforehand from somone who has done this successfully. I have a feeling she will say no as we were booked on a group rate. TIA.

Thank you all for replying. I won't bother asking her then.

It never hurts to ask. The worst they could do is say no.

Also if the posted rate is less than your group rate you might be able to get something from someone. Maybe not the cash discount but perhaps something.

Hi: Just because you're on a group rate does not mean you don't get the reduction....we are a group and we've gotten about 3 reductions for our Mercury Jan. 8th cruise....even after final payment...they just credited it to our credit cards. Our TA calls and whatever is shown on the website is what we receive. Some of the rates are here and gone rather quickly however....whatever space they're trying to fill seems to be where the rate is! And the Sr. rate was not on until just about a month ago...for 55+...and it also moves around between different catagories.....you just have to keep checking...

Good luck,

Gayle

Archived