Boarding Outfit!!!

howsthis

I know this is a bit corny but its just for fun. There's not a lot of discussion at the moment, so I thought I would start a thread about whether you have a special outfit for your first day and boarding. I have just put on my 'outfit' to go out for the day and it brings back a lot of the memories and nostalgia. So do any of you wear something special or just your everyday gear?

Omg, I never realised that a boarding 'outfit' even existed, lol! :p

All I know is that on the day we boarded, we were dressed really comfortably because after a crowded 7am flight and then hours of waiting around in line and carting two luggage bags, my wedding dress bag and his suit bag around, I was hot, stinky and annoyed.

In my boarding photo, I am all red-cheeked and look exhausted. I just wore black pants, a black top over a white cami and a light jacket to brave the Sydney storm that was brewing. Hubby was in jeans and a tee.

I didnt see anyone dressed up- everyone was fairly casual in shorts and jeans.

There was a lot of travel involved for us, so comfort was a must, however if I was local to the terminal, I probably would have dressed a little nicer to 'commemorate' our boarding. Although getting up that gangway was hard enough for me (did anyone else find it really steep?), imagine if I was all decked out in heels and the lot! :rolleyes:

Love the idea, not sure how practical it is.

Hi cruisers. I dress just casually.....slacks, cami and jacket ,and wear comfortable shoes. A large bag to hold all documentation,etc. a small wheelie case for a change of clothes and shoes for dinner (in case luggage isn't outside cabin ).

My embarkation photos always turn out like I have been through a carwash.

but I always go on board happy just to be there.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Thanks guys, I was just curious because you see all kinds of outfits, beats me how they climb that gangway in heels. I just dressed casually but nice enough for dinner if I didn't get my luggage. It was my first cruise and full of 'what should I wear' for this and that. I made sure I had my hat with me and a bag big enough to carry my 'important bits' and comfortable shoes. I saw some dressed up 'to the nines' with high heels etc looking like they were ready for a 'formal night'. I thought it interesting that there was a lot of variety. My mum is already looking for her 'boarding outfit' as she put it, as this is likely to be her one and only cruise. She is having a ball finding new clothes etc. even though I have told her what she has already is ok. It's so great to see someone excited about anything these days. I hope we have a great cruise full of good memories for her.

Reminds me of watching people board.

A few years ago we did the Melbourne Cup cruise and I was watching the passengers come aboard and could not work out why almost all the ladies were carrying big boxes..........

turned out they were hat boxes,with their hats to wear at Flemington on Cup Day.

Guess I have to be different.:D

I do scrapbooking and bought some great paper for my cruise album. NOW i just happen to have a top that matches that paper!!!you really do need to be a scrapbooker to understand that:)

well i have worn the same top on all three cruises ((all within a year though). I took this top to america with me just to wear getting on board.

My friend and I joked about wearing some kind of fancy dress on our last pacific sun cruise, we thought about pirates but decided we may not be let on board!!! we did do a lot of dressing up on that cruise though.

My next cruise (whenever that may be) i will wear the same top

We are having our vow renewal at 6:37 (exactly!) that morning - the time is supposed to be optimal for picture taking at sunrise on the beach - so I will be wearing my "wedding dress" to board in. Will also have a carryon with a swimming suit, etc in it so we can enjoy the pool!

I just go casual, but if you check out my photos in "everybody's photos" you will see the Bananas in Pjamas in a photo when we boarded. Everyone thought they were cruise staff, only that we saw them drinking next to us at the pub across the road, we knew they weren't!! Well talk about going prepared! These guys are regular cruisers and had an outfit for most nights! one night they were clowns, bob the builder, baby's including nappy and dummy, and this seems in bad taste now, but funny at the time, Steve Irwin complete with baby and crocodile!

Well ducknchook and I have already started with our wardrobe for Tahiti, including the bridesmaid dresses! We are having hats embroided with Duck and Chook on them and have found some great T shirts with slogans on them. Duck liked the one with "Please don't feed the Models" on it!!

Thank god the hubbies will be at home! they wouldn't want to know us!!

Cheryl

Guess I have to be different.:D

I do scrapbooking and bought some great paper for my cruise album. NOW i just happen to have a top that matches that paper!!!you really do need to be a scrapbooker to understand that:)

well i have worn the same top on all three cruises ((all within a year though). I took this top to america with me just to wear getting on board.

My friend and I joked about wearing some kind of fancy dress on our last pacific sun cruise, we thought about pirates but decided we may not be let on board!!! we did do a lot of dressing up on that cruise though.

My next cruise (whenever that may be) i will wear the same top

Hi Kaseyoz, I do know what you mean about being a scrapbooker, I am hooked and yes, finding a piece of paper that matches, wow, lucky you. I too will be wearing the same top I think for my next cruise as it is so comfortable and who cares if my boarding photo is going to have me looking the same again. My mum will be in this one so it will be different anyway.

Archived