Under 25 rule... need help please

TXHappyCruiser

Hi everyone,

I have booked the Conquest in May of next year and need some help. I am being told that Carnival will not let two people under 25 share a room that is not connecting to parents room unless the party is married. Basically, this is my situation. My husband and I are going on the cruise with his daughter and her boyfriend. They are in their 20's. We are both getting balcony cabins, but Carnival is requiring us to have connecting cabins because they are under 25.

I understand the rules up to a point. I am sure they are wanting to avoid two things... young kids without supervision and twenty somethings going on vacation alone and being rowdy and causing problems. Can someone advise me? I truly don't want connecting cabins. My TA suggested we switch room keys, but that won't work as these are your boarding passes as well as a way to charge things to your room. We want to be near each other but still have some privacy. (one room apart)

Is Carnival really requiring this of everyone? I find it hard to beleive that all parents book like categories or have the kids in the room with them. I was under the impression kids could be across the hall.

Any input for recent cruisers is appreciated.

You must be 21 or older to cruise (Unless you are a married couple).

If you are not over 21 years old, you must be traveling with a parent or guardian that is over 25 years old.

You can get around this... Put one parent and one child in each cabin... Once you are on-board, simply switch cabins. Once on-board, the ship could care less where you sleep.

I hope this helps.

If you go to the pursers desk when you board, just ask for a room key for their cabin, they will give you a card that looks like the S&S card but will only work as a key, it will not effect your S&S accounts at all.

You do not have to have connecting cabins, if the kids cabin is next door or across the hall Carnival is Ok with that but you will have to select your cabins not get guarantees.

Hi everyone,

I have booked the Conquest in May of next year and need some help. I am being told that Carnival will not let two people under 25 share a room that is not connecting to parents room unless the party is married. Basically, this is my situation. My husband and I are going on the cruise with his daughter and her boyfriend. They are in their 20's. We are both getting balcony cabins, but Carnival is requiring us to have connecting cabins because they are under 25.

I understand the rules up to a point. I am sure they are wanting to avoid two things... young kids without supervision and twenty somethings going on vacation alone and being rowdy and causing problems. Can someone advise me? I truly don't want connecting cabins. My TA suggested we switch room keys, but that won't work as these are your boarding passes as well as a way to charge things to your room. We want to be near each other but still have some privacy. (one room apart)

Is Carnival really requiring this of everyone? I find it hard to beleive that all parents book like categories or have the kids in the room with them. I was under the impression kids could be across the hall.

There are several ways around this. One is to book the separate rooms and then ask for an additional key. Another is to use different credit cards for each key. In otherwords, Mom & Dad have their keys linked to one credit card and daughter and boy friend have their keys linked to a different credit card. You can also be up front about it and tell Carnival what you are doing. We did this once and everyone ended up with keys for the cabin they were actually staying in. However, you do this on the day you board. Another way to handle this is to switch cards at night and in the morning. Each person has their own card during the day and switches cards at night so each as the card for the cabin they are sleeping in.

There are other ways to make this work. Just don't expect Carnival to change the rule for you, just because your daughter is a good kid (or whatever reason) Carnival has heard all the reasons before.

If you go to the pursers desk when you board, just ask for a room key for their cabin, they will give you a card that looks like the S&S card but will only work as a key, it will not effect your S&S accounts at all.

You do not have to have connecting cabins, if the kids cabin is next door or across the hall Carnival is Ok with that but you will have to select your cabins not get guarantees.

True. Carnivals actual wording is "accompanying staterooms", it says nothing about connecting. You cannot however, book guarentee.

Hi everyone,

You don't mention their ages. If they are both 21 or more then it is not an issue. If one is less than 21 (on the date of sailing) then follow some of the other suggestions.

We have never had a problem booking our daughter and her friend in their own cabin. Have done it that way numerous times. We have them either right beside us or across the hall in an inside. The cruise we have booked for April we have them in their own cabin right beside ours. The oldest is only now 14 and we have still never had a problem booking it this way.

Let's end the confusion, here is the rule:

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

Went on a cruise with my 23 year old brother and his 19 year old girlfriend. Me and gf booked in one room, DH and bro in another. Got onboard, requested extra keys, and it was a done deal. They did ask us why we needed it. My brother started to tell them the real reason, and they started wanting to switch people around in the computer, so we just told them we wanted to store some luggage in the cabin and needed to be able to get to it.

Why is it age 25 in literature instead of 21? I understand under 21 but 21 is the legal drinking age so I don't understand the age 25 thing..anyone know?

Maturity. Age 21 is still college age. By 25 most (except those with advanced degrees like doctors and lawyers) have been working at a full time job for a few years and are a little more mature than a 21 year old.

In order to sail alone you must be 21. If a someone is under 21, they must be in a cabin with either their parent or someone over the age of 25. You can put your children in a cabin next door or accross the hall (does not have to be connecting).

The reason they are requiring that you have adjoinging rooms is because your daughter's boyfriend is not your child and cannot be booked in a cabin accross the hall. I've had this happen to me before too. So, your only option is to do what others have suggested and put one minor in each room and have the pursers switch it when you get on board.

Why is it age 25 in literature instead of 21? I understand under 21 but 21 is the legal drinking age so I don't understand the age 25 thing..anyone know?

It used to be 21 about 14 years ago or so......my sons friends all booked for highschool graduation and had to have someone 21 or over in their cabin.

My TA said it was changed due to the fact that they had too many college kids come in and tear the ships up. Hopefully most are out of college by 25...

It used to be 21 about 14 years ago or so......my sons friends all booked for highschool graduation and had to have someone 21 or over in their cabin.

My TA said it was changed due to the fact that they had too many college kids come in and tear the ships up. Hopefully most are out of college by 25...

LOL! Hopefully!

I have booked my daughter and friend (no relation & both under 21) in the cabins across the hall from us, Carnival is fine with that.

an ajoining cabin is not required.

Same here. Have done it many times.

Archived