Dancing on the Arcadia

Slow Foxtrot

Hi S. F.

The dancing took place in the Globe most nights if not all. It was linked to the dance classes and each night seemed to have a theme linked to the class of that day.

The dance floor is fairly big perhaps slightly smaller than Carmen's on Aurora

Hope that helps

You could try Cruise Connections on the P & O web site for further help.

• 2 months later...
To any ballroom dancers who have cruised on Arcadia.

Is there much ballroom dancing and, if so, is the dance-floor big enough?

How does the floor compare in size to Oriana? Is there dancing nightly?

Many thanks for info.

From what I saw on my brief tour of the ship you'll struggle to do a Quick step of Foxtrot. It's more suited to Latin dances.

For a proper dance floor aboard a ship you cant beat QM2

If you are into ballroom like we are you may be interested to know Len Goodman is heading a dance theme cruise this June somwhere near Alaska. He was on RCCI last June so I think it'll be them again. If you want more info' just ask.

From what I saw on my brief tour of the ship you'll struggle to do a Quick step of Foxtrot. It's more suited to Latin dances.

For a proper dance floor aboard a ship you cant beat QM2

If you are into ballroom like we are you may be interested to know Len Goodman is heading a dance theme cruise this June somwhere near Alaska. He was on RCCI last June so I think it'll be them again. If you want more info' just ask.

Yes, I thought as much. With the exception of Oriana it seems that P & O have no idea what a dance-floor looks like. I've danced on the Queen Mary 2 but found that, although the floor was a decent size, the orchestra (band) on those occasions had little idea of the correct tempo for British ballroom dancing. As for travelling to Alaska to see the sainted Len Goodman, heaven forbid! Have seen quite enough of him and his fellow judges on Strictly Come Dancing. As you probably know (if you are a ballroom dancer) three of them seem to know more about watercress than ballroom dancing. But, as they say, 'that's Entertainment'. Thanks for the info and ...... Keep Dancin'

Slow Foxtrot.

Archived