Booking Next Cruise?

Kevbear

I have heard that we will be offered a discount towards the end of our cruise for another cruise, is it worth while to book a second cruise with X at that time or not that big a deal in savings? Thanks in advance for helping out these 1st timers!!!

Kevin

We haven't been offered a discount while on a cruise for a future booking. Actually if you book on board the rates are the same as Celebrity's site which is pretty high. Then you can transfer your booking to your agent who can find you a better rate. But of couse if you book on board you to do get shipboard credits for a future cruise. I have heard of cruiselines offer discounts for cruisers to stay on board for the next sailing if the ship is not full.

kevin,

i always book my next cruise while on the cruise. You get $100 shipboard credit on the next cruise. The price they quote might seem high however the booking is then transferred to your travel agent and then you will get whatever discount your agent gives. If you decide to change your ship or dates of travel,as long as the booking number remains the same you will still get the shipboard credit. If you decide to cancel altogether,you will get back all your deposit(as long as you are not in penalty time which is 71 days before).

Before i leave home, i talk to my TA and find out the approximate price and itinerary of my next cruise so i decide where and when i am going before embarking.

*sweet*

The discount you mention is really a cabin credit - it varies between $50 - $200 depending on the length of the cruise and cabin level booked.

We have booked onboard several times. Sometimes I just book a placeholder cruise about a year out and then transfer the booking later to a cruise I really want. You can transfer these bookings made onboard to your travel agent.

I encourage people to book on the ship and then transfer it over to me. This way everyone wins! The cruise line knows the customer will be back, the customer gets onboard credit and if transfered over to a travel agent like myself - we get the credit for the sale and we can fare watch and if the price drops, we can lock the customer in at the lower price. Really - there isn't any reason not to book while onboard, unless you were completely dissatisfied with the cruise line.

I just got off the Summit...I booked it while on the Millie last august, transferred it to my TA, got her discount and got a $200 onboard credit ($200 is $200, no matter if worded a "discount" or a "credit")...

And I rebooked the Constellation for NEXT July while on the Summit...and will again transfer it to my TA...and will again get that extra $200...

It's a no-lose situation...

Hi Steve

How did you work the rebook, did you orginally book the July 16, 2005 sailing back in May/June or did you wait until you did Alaska....By the way, how was your trip and the excursions you did?

thanks

Norma

Hi, Norma,

As of this moment, we have two reservations...for cabins right next to each other. We booked the original with our TA when the schedules came out a few weeks ago, the second we booked with the "Future Cruise Consultant" onboard (next door to the shore excursions desk on Deck 3). She actually booked it with our TA's name and number attached...and gave us until July 30 to put up the deposit. The prices remained the same, so the new one puts us that $200 ahead.

Our TA will now cancel the original booking, get us a return of the deposit and then apply a new deposit to the new booking by July 30. she will also try to move the new booking back to the original cabin (which will now become available again). It's actually all quite simple. Just talk to the Future Cruise Consultant when you get to the ship.

As to the excursions, etc., I hope to have a full review up shortly (probably tomorrow) ...I'm writing it now...

In shor, though, the Helicopter glacier thing through Coastal in Juneau was extraordinary...And Whale watching in Icy Strait was exceptional...a lot of folks on the ship--a big 200+ seater as opposed to those 25 passenger things down in Juneau, but the number of whales we saw--DOZENS-- was phenomenal--and it left Juneau for that helicopter thing--it all worked out great...

• 3 years later...
I encourage people to book on the ship and then transfer it over to me. This way everyone wins! The cruise line knows the customer will be back, the customer gets onboard credit and if transfered over to a travel agent like myself - we get the credit for the sale and we can fare watch and if the price drops, we can lock the customer in at the lower price. Really - there isn't any reason not to book while onboard, unless you were completely dissatisfied with the cruise line.

So, why not fly to the Islands this year? Trinidad is my choice..what kind of deals can we get? Hi Tina. Always nice to book with you and see you on Cruise Critic. You always have great tips on the Cruises to take!!

John in Washington, DC!!

Has Celebrity gone back to the original plan for shipboard credits? I thought they had started giving credits based on how much money you spent on the cruise, not just # of days. A few months ago, right after we booked our current cruise on board I saw people on the cruising message boards having fits about the change. Evidently you had to spend a lot more to get the same credits as before. Have I missed a change back to old policy?

Has Celebrity gone back to the original plan for shipboard credits? I thought they had started giving credits based on how much money you spent on the cruise, not just # of days. A few months ago, right after we booked our current cruise on board I saw people on the cruising message boards having fits about the change. Evidently you had to spend a lot more to get the same credits as before. Have I missed a change back to old policy?

Kathie, I was thinking the exact same thing:eek: :rolleyes: it used to be

your credit was always by the length of the cruise......

10 nights received 200.00.

It changed earlier this year to the price of your cabin..no matter

how long the cruise is....I booked a 10 nighter for Galaxy while

I was on Mercury and only received 50 bucks because I only

book inside cabins.

Prior to this year it would have been a 200 obc.

I wish it was the old policy.....maybe I should call Capt's Club

and see what they say........

Archived