Taking the Kids

JDSTURTZ

We are considering Infinity's SA itinerary over Christmas 2007. DW and I have three children, DD-19, DD-16, and DS-13.

Are we foolish thinking of taking them or are there other teens on this itinerary. I have read other posts stating that this itinerary caters to a more 'experienced' cruiser.

Thanks for any input.

You will see far less kids on this itinerary than going to desitnations where you find children such as the Caribbean and Alaska. With that said, as you will find during the December holidays, you will likely have some children on board the ship, particularly Celebrity.

In terms of South America, I think the cruise is wonderful for both adults and children. While we enjoyed cruising Alaska, we enjoyed the scenery and the ports of call better than Alaska and the ports have far less ships at any given time relative to Alaska which makes the time in port more interesting. I would highly recommend a cruise for the family.

Keith

Thanks, Keith, that bucked me up! We are taking our 11 year old on this cruise (BA to Valparaiso - 2 weeks) in January. Celebrity did confirm that there are a half dozen other kids close to her age going, also. If she had a sibling to hang out with like these three teens do, that would be a bonus! I say go for it. I am expecting it to be a different experience than a week on the Caribbean at spring break...that could be a good thing...!;)

Archived