where is the best place to stay if you are cruising out of miami

nurse9126

You probably need to be more specific. Do you want to stay downtown, or somewhere else? Do you want a 4 star, or will something less do? What is your price range?

There are MANY places to stay in Miami. Asking which is the best will only get you opinions. In what way would you define best?

We stayed at the Intercontinental in downtown Miami 2 years ago before our cruise.

The good points are: the location is right next to the waterfront and a short walk away from some shopping areas, restaurant, drugstore etc. The view was nice, the room was comfortable and quiet. We got a good night's sleep.

The bad points were: the overall decor and ambience of the hotel reminded me of an episode of Miami Vice.

I would stay there again although I found the decor a little strange.

we stayed at they Hyatt last week. Got it for $70 a night on priceline. It's in downtown. It was very nice. We were on the 18th floor. I thought I read somewhere that the lower rooms could get kind of noisy because of the bridge. I didn't hear anything were we were at. There is also easy access to the free monorail which makes stops in different places of downtown including bayside market. Lots of shopping and dining options. There's a walgreens and cvs farmacy within walking distance for last minute pickups. Eight months ago we've also stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown Miami. It's conveniently located right accross bayside market. Both are good pre or post -cruise options in our opinion. Hyatt was a little nicer hotel.

I always stay the night before my cruise at a hotel at the Miami airport. You get a free shuttle to the hotel and most of them inlcude a free continental breakfast the next morning. Then, the next morning, I hop in a cab and zip over to the port!

We stayed at the Wyndham in Coconut Grove pre-cruise, got a decent price through priceline, was a few blocks from downtown Coconut Grove - very nice. And there is fabulous grocery store right across the street to pick up any wine/beer/soda for the cruise.

Post cruise we had three days in South Beach and loved it so much! As far as I am concerned, you can't go wrong either place. Both are about a $20 cab ride to the port. If you are just looking for a place to sleep, you might consider staying near the airport as another poster has mentioned. Lots of benefits to that as well. If you want to see a few sights though, either place we stayed will hit the spot! Have fun choosing! :)

If you arrive early for one pre-cruise day, I suggest the Hotel Intercontinental, downtown 4* within 5-10 minute walk of Bayside; Taxi $24

We won the bid on priceline for $132 (Nov. 4 stay).

We took a taxi to South Beach, $25 each way and to the pier $8.

For a longer stay, a nice hotel on SOBE would be nice but price will vary by season.

Archived