Avalon and Russia

CincyAL

I called them a few weeks ago.

They said definitely a no-go for 2007 and maybe they will have something in 2008. They indicated that if they do the sailing in 2008 - it will be a partnership with Imperial Waterways. They made it sound like Imperial Waterways would own the ship, not Avalon but I am not entirely sure.

They said the delays had to do with refurbishing the ship (they didn't specifically say Anastasia) and that it takes a really long time to get permits and building materials in Russia.

Someone may call next week and get an entirely different answer.....

You may want to look at Amadeus - they do have some larger cabins. I have put off Russia for several years - I have wanted to get back for a long time. I also was intrigued with Anastasia and probably would have booked that ship if it had been availabe but decided against waiting for something whose future is sort of uncertain and am happy with my choice with Amadeus. I am afraid if I put off the cruise, it would be several years before I get another chance to go.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

For Cincy...

Imperial has a couple of suites on each sailing. They are much larger than regular cabins, and the price is good compared to Amadeus and Avalon. I am going on one of these cruises in August 2007 with a small group of women, and there is actually a suite being held with our group reservation...I dont' think anyone has yet signed up for it. And we are getting 10% discount on all the cabins, so the price is right! Email me if you want some info. Mary Beth (cruisemuse@yahoo.com cruisemuse at yahoo dot com)

Archived