Afternoon schedule 1st day Oosterdam

Tinknock50

I want to schedule an impromptu CC sail-away (not arranged by HAL).

What time is muster? What time does the matre d' handle table changes?

I would like to have a meet right after muster, but I want to be sure there isn't much else going on after muster. Turnout might be better for the meet in that case.

To answer your questions, the muster drill is scheduled for 4:45pm. Sailing is usually at 5pm, and I can't understand why one wouldn't want to watch the ship sail out past Coronado to the south and Point Loma to the right, as the ship departs the downtown pier.

You can request dining room changes after 1pm in the Explorer's Lounge.

David

To answer your questions, the muster drill is scheduled for 4:45pm. Sailing is usually at 5pm, and I can't understand why one wouldn't want to watch the ship sail out past Coronado to the south and Point Loma to the right, as the ship departs the downtown pier.

You can request dining room changes after 1pm in the Explorer's Lounge.

David

That works.....One of the people on our roll call wondered if he could make it for the sailaway and still get other things done on a busy sailing day.

Now I can reassure him and he can show up.

We are deciding between the Crows Nest and the aft pool deck.

I like the aft pool deck because we can see all the city lights better as we sail away.

Sean, I would stay away from the Aft pool. It will be very cold and windy and not fun. You might want to stake out a few table near the Lido Pool area. It will be very festive and easy for every one to find. Another option might be up in the Crow's Nest, the views from there are great.

Life Boat Drill is at 4:15 and we usually get back to the cabin about 4:35, sometimes a bit earlier. You also might want to have you impromtu CC Get Together before Life Boat Drill. Maybe combine it with a 3 o'clock wave at the Web Cam.:) What ever you choose it will be great because the Oosterdam despite a little extra vibration is a GREAT Ship. :D

My recollection of the sailaway at the poolside was not that pleasant...lots of pressure to purchase margaritas which were pre-prepared and no longer blended because they had been so.

The Crow's nest is very nice, especially with the warm appetizers being passed around and, at least on my last trip, a jazz combo playing.

The view is fantastic (being just one level above the bridge) and you can see more than 180 degrees, so you don't miss anything on either side.

Only problem I had there was that were politely asked to move to make way for a "private party"! So much for getting there early and finding great seats.

David

The Crow's nest is probably your best bet - more space to move, easier to talk. But it might be worth checking out the Aft Pool depending on what it's like when you sail away - if it's mild out and not too many people are back there, that might not be a bad meeting place. Certainly is good if there's any photo buffs among the group.

Why not ask the folks on your roll-call when/where they would like to meet?

Well, we already have discussed it on the roll call.....there just hasn't been a general concensus as yet as to where. I asked here to help me figure what would be the best. I think it is generally leaning toward the Crow Nest.

Archived