Doin' the Doc Dance

Djptcp

Woo hoo - received our documents on Wednesday and all is in order for our Dec. 16th cruise on the Zuiderdam:D This will be our 11th cruise, 2nd on HAL, and looking forward to the vacation very much. DH and I loved the Zaandam two years ago and am sure we'll enjoy the Z just as much or more. Originally, we were going Nov. 18th, but changed to Dec. 16th when I found a great balcony cabin deal. So glad we changed because the cruise would be over now if we had sailed on the 18th!

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

I have to say that DH and I have enjoyed every one of our 11 cruises, but we picked HAL for the elegance and great food, a great price for a balcony cabin, and the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. The food and service were great on RCCL, but honestly haven't sailed with them again because I haven't found a decent deal; would certainly like to try them again, though. Carnival does have a different atmosphere and we don't think the food and service are excellent, but we live close to Jacksonville and have sailed on the older Celebration twice this year because it's easy to get away for a Thurs-Mon cruise a couple of times a year. We will still do the Celebration a couple of times in 2007 and then sail on HAL probably in December next year, too. We loved NCL until we took our first Freestyle cruise with them in 2003 -- forget it! Disliked waiting in lines for dinner and we found the waiter service to be sorely lacking in the Freestyle mode -- they don't have the same pax every night, so no rapport and caring about making them feel special. However, there are lots of people who love Freestyle, it's just not for us.

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996m 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

We are going on our first HAL cruise. We have been on Princess 4 times, Celebrity twice and RCI 5 times. Loved them all, but as with you, this was the itinerary and price that we were looking for so HAL, here we come.

Enjoy your cruise, we go in January.

No doc dance for us yet...

Griswalds

Archived