Day Pass to Renaissance Aruba Resort

rockcoastmedia

Lisa,

I have followed your numbeous posts over time. Thanks for always being patient with people's questions.

I think I have one that others didnt ask. Does the Renassance Aruba Island have Para-sailing ability? I would think it does. But wasnt sure. Also, if we did get a room there for the day, is the Island pass complimentary?

Also, a while ago I was looking at restaurants in Aruba, there was one, very expensive where the tables were in the water, I think they said that watching the sunset was best there...would you know its name? I think it had french / carribean food.

Thanks again,

Daphna

Lisa,

I have followed your numbeous posts over time. Thanks for always being patient with people's questions.

I think I have one that others didnt ask. Does the Renassance Aruba Island have Para-sailing ability? I would think it does. But wasnt sure. Also, if we did get a room there for the day, is the Island pass complimentary?

Also, a while ago I was looking at restaurants in Aruba, there was one, very expensive where the tables were in the water, I think they said that watching the sunset was best there...would you know its name? I think it had french / carribean food.

Thanks again,

Daphna

Thank you for your kind words. Parasailing at Renaissance Island I do not have the answer to.

If you reserved a room for the day at the Renaissance then you would, as a guest of the hotel, have use of the hotel's facilities and amenities including the private island and swimming pools (swimming pool at the Marina Tower is adult only). There have been references on this forum in the past to folks who have bid on rooms for one night through priceline in order to use hotel facilities.

The restaurant to which your refer with tables directly on the beach next to the water is the Flying Fishbone. http://www.flyingfishbone.com/ You will be in Aruba about Nov. 30? Sunset is 6:11 pm

Dress Code at Flying Fishbone?

What is the absolute best restaurant for lunch or dinner for a cruiseship pax?

Sunset time on 10/13/06 for Flying Fish reservation

Flying Fishbone

Best Place for Dinner in Aruba?

Looking for a restaurant for dinner/sunset by the water

Dining in Aruba

Thanks Lisa, the restaurant I was looking for was Fishbones according to the photos on their site.

It seems that they are now open at lunch, the only bummer here is our ship is scheduled from 10am to 8pm.. so unless we get there exactly when they open up and rush back after the sunset..it might be tight. You said that it would take about 30 minutes to get back to the port.

It can do doable than at lunch, unless its so hot, or we do the Renassance resort instead.

Thanks again for all your help.

Daph

• 2 weeks later...

If we just book a night at the Renassaince do you know if it includes the drink and the lunch as well? We are thinking about doing this so we have the use of the facilities, but if I've got to pay for lunch and drink it might not be worth it.

Thank you

If we just book a night at the Renassaince do you know if it includes the drink and the lunch as well? We are thinking about doing this so we have the use of the facilities, but if I've got to pay for lunch and drink it might not be worth it.

Thank you

I am not sure. Logic would say that as a hotel guest you would have use of all of the hotel's facilities including the two swimming pools (one- the one on the rooftop of the Marina Tower is for adults 18 and older) and the private island. BUT you would have to pay as you go for all food and drinks AND make sure that you would be able to check in early when your cruise ship arrived. I believe they use the room key as proof that you are a guest for the boat transport ot the private island.

The day pass at $50 pp for the day includes lunch and one drink.

• 1 month later...

DH and I just got back from a week at the Renaissance.

As a hotel guest, you pay for your own lunch and drinks. Floats for the water are $ 5 all day. Lunch and and drink prices were pretty reasonable too. Parasailing is not offered off the beach.

We were not able to check into our room til about 3, but they activated our room cards so we could have gotten to the beach, and were able to sit at the pool, get towels, etc.

Any other Renaissance questions, feel free to ask!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
DH and I just got back from a week at the Renaissance.

As a hotel guest, you pay for your own lunch and drinks. Floats for the water are $ 5 all day. Lunch and and drink prices were pretty reasonable too. Parasailing is not offered off the beach.

We were not able to check into our room til about 3, but they activated our room cards so we could have gotten to the beach, and were able to sit at the pool, get towels, etc.

Any other Renaissance questions, feel free to ask!

Mrs. Levine, If floats are $5 all day do you happen to know how much snorkeling would be? Thank you!!!

Archived