port of miami info

Ziggys

Even tho it's a cruise ship port, it is still a port--lots of unsavory characters, heavy equipment, tons of vehicles...Do you have a death wish???

These inaccurate posts drive me nuts. :D It's not like you are walking deep into the port area. And just what "unsavory characters" are you talking about?

I've done the walk several times. There is a sidewalk. You are no more at risk on that sidewalk than on any other. The walk takes about 15 - 20 minutes. You do not have to pass any construction or unpaved roads. Enjoy your walk.

These inaccurate posts drive me nuts. :D It's not like you are walking deep into the port area. And just what "unsavory characters" are you talking about?

I've done the walk several times. There is a sidewalk. You are no more at risk on that sidewalk than on any other. The walk takes about 15 - 20 minutes. You do not have to pass any construction or unpaved roads. Enjoy your walk.

Just wanted to second this post.

There is a sidewalk, you will be fine. The walk can easily be done in 20 minutes. Everytime I drive to the port I see plenty of people walking along the sidewalk, and I myself have walked it several times. There is some construction on Biscayne Blvd, but that starts about a block or 2 north of the port bridge.

At the Port of Miami, the Royal Caribbean Terminals are completely separate from and nowhere near the Industrial Port. If you walk from the Cruise Terminals to the bridge to Miami (there is a sidewalk the whole way), all that you will pass is a parking garage and the port administration building, and then you are on the bridge. The area of the port where the passenger terminals are is home to several office buildings (including Royal Caribbean headquarters) and resembles an office park. On the bridge the sidewalk is protected from the roadway by jersey walls, so you don't have to worry about traffic.

There are plenty of seedy characters in Miami, however I have never seen one in or near the port. The port is an island, I don't see why they would bother to walk all the way to the port, when there really isn't anything there. Maybe there are some in the industrial port, but that is at least a mile from where you are.

I would tell anyone to walk it, you'll be fine. I've even told my parents to do it on several occasions.

With all due respect, why would you walk? You've spent all this money on a cruise... please pay the 10 bucks and take a cab. I know it may look close, but it's not, really. I couldn't imagine walking over that bridge to the pier with my luggage. I don't feel it's safe, practical, or sane (no offense to those who think otherwise).

Enjoy your cruise and all that goes with it. I'd hate to think you regretted walking when you could have gotten there in 3 minutes for what is such a small price to pay.

With all due respect, why would you walk? You've spent all this money on a cruise... please pay the 10 bucks and take a cab. I know it may look close, but it's not, really. I couldn't imagine walking over that bridge to the pier with my luggage. I don't feel it's safe, practical, or sane (no offense to those who think otherwise).

Enjoy your cruise and all that goes with it. I'd hate to think you regretted walking when you could have gotten there in 3 minutes for what is such a small price to pay.

Um, time to stop being narrow minded and judgemental. In between a B2B2B, I had some time to kill in MIA, so I walked from the ship to Bayside just for somehting to do and to buy a few things. Had nothing to do with distance or money.

If you don't think it's safe, practical or sane - then great - you don't have to walk a step. But you might want to expand your horizons a bit on this topic and consider some different possibilities.

Archived