Seasonal Cruising

Spoonhafen

icon1.gifSeasonal Cruising

Hello to all,

I have enjoyed reading all the posts on this website. They are insightful and very informative. I wanted to know if there is an off season for cruising? and what is the height of Cruising travel??

confused!!

I believe that the height of cruising is any school vacations. I prefer not to travel June thru December seeing as though that is hurricane season. Not that you would really have to worry about the hurricane itself just moving the itenerary around due to storms and such.

Hope this helps

There is not much of an off season, because cruise lines, unlike hotels and resorts can relocate to a different area when an off season approches. Thus, cruise lines can take advantage of the Winter high season for the Caribbean, and then in Summer move to Alaska to take advantage of the high season there.

The only thing close to off season is the first and last cruises to a particular area, especially true if school is in session. For example: April cruises to Alaska.

Archived