Empress Help on Aft #9684 Anyone?

Hello CC Friends,

After doing research for two days, and literally hours of reading, I now know a lot about the Empress of the Seas and her small cabins.

However, what I wasn't able to find, and believe me, I looked at most threads twice, as well as Webshots, were pictures of cabin number 9684.

Cabin 9684 was once considered a JS on the aft of the ship, but because of its size, has been changed to a D1.

I did find a great picture of the aft of the Empress, so I have a good idea of the size of the balcony, but as for the cabin itself, I found none. I did find a few pictures of the JS cabin below it, but would love to see pictures of my cabin if anyone out there has stayed in it.

I read every single Empress cruise review that I could find on the internet, and not one of them was about 9684!! :rolleyes: I did however hear from one great CC friend that had cabin 9684, but unfortunately, she has no pictures. :o

I would love to see some pictures and I send a big thanks in advance! :)

Check out cc "Swedish Chef". He had #9684 last Feb for a Southern Caribbean cruise. He is currently hanging out on a Celebrity Infinity Panama cruise for April 2008. ( I think) Just search his name and you will find his most recent post. Then go to that thread, he is very friendly and I am sure will give a great review of your cabin. Hopefully he has some pictures.

We had 9684 booked for our last Empress cruise, but when I found out there was no sitting area, we bailed and took a JS on deck 9. The balcony is huge in 9684, but the cabin itself is small. If you have seen pictures of 8686.....they are almost identical.

Thanks Guys!! :)

Its true, I do know about the smallish cabin. I did a lot of thinking over a couple of days and decided that the balcony would be my "sitting area".

Honestly, other than sleeping and eating in the dining room, I choose to be outside as much as possible on a cruise. I try to always eat breakfast and lunch outside too. That is one of the reasons I love the Windjammer on the Radiance Class ship. I just love their outside eating area! I did so much research, I'm a bit confused now. But I do believe I saw a picture of an outside eating area on the Empress. I hope so! :p

Is it possible with so many people that sign on here day after day, that no one has a picture to share with me??? :o

Oh well, plenty of time. Not on the Empress for 10 months.

Ya know I did come across a post by a cc member that was replying to someone else about a picture. They said, "here is a great shot to 9684" or something to that effect. However, when I clicked on the site, it brought me to a webshot page that said, "picture no longer available".:rolleyes:

I couldn't believe it!! :eek:

We won't give up.

Bermudashorts..............thank you so much. You're sweet!! :)

I posted an inquiry about #8686 on Empress a while back but haven't gotten a reply on it, either. The RCCL website states that the cabin has a sitting area, but apparently that is wrong. Does anybody have information and/or photos? I am curious about the layout of the stateroom. DH and I have it booked for 2/26/07.

I just found a reply posted to my inquiry regarding #8686 on Empress by vlnovak, referring me to this website: http://community.webshots.com/user/vlnovak

Check out the photos. There is obviously no sitting area since people in the photos are sitting on the bed. However, the balcony is large, which should make up for the lack of interior space.

I posted an inquiry about #8686 on Empress a while back but haven't gotten a reply on it, either. The RCCL website states that the cabin has a sitting area, but apparently that is wrong. Does anybody have information and/or photos? I am curious about the layout of the stateroom. DH and I have it booked for 2/26/07.

The website language is tricky but it does not say 8686 has a sitting area. There is no sitting area in 8686. I did a search a while back and found pix so you may want to try the same. We had reserved 8686 as a JS but then moved to a deck 9 JS once they reclassified 8686 to a D1.

We were in 8686 when it was still the Nordic Empress. Here's a couple pics of the cabin. Very small with no sitting area. It was, however very cheap.

The balcony is huge, but we didn't get to use it much as it was always wet.

http://community.webshots.com/user/rcicruisers

The album is titled Nordic Empress. There are many other albums.

The pictures have really helped me to get a good feel for what size the cabin will be. Thanks everyone.:p

I hope 9684 is about the same. I also hope the balcony is not too wet to use. I want to spend a lot of time sitting on that balcony. :)

The only reason it would be too wet is if it was raining. There is one other thing you should be aware of, though. If the wind is unfavorable, there is a chance that you may get some odor from the funnel smoke. I had a deck 7 aft a few years ago, and I could sometimes smell it, although it was never too bad. It certainly didn't stop me from booking 8686 for my New Year's cruise.

By the way, 9684 may have been reclassified as a D1 but 8686 is still shown on the deck plans as a JS and my cruise docs have it as a JS, also.

One more little thing about the balcony, morning soot (see picture)

You will need to wiper chairs down and have shoes on.

You will get some noise from the rock wall bell but it's not bad.

You'll love the aft with it's faults :D

I still feel this this ship is #1 in customer service

http://community.webshots.com/album/484318875tBUoMa

I traveled twice in 9th level jr cabins (w/balconies). one port side, one starboard.

the cabins are small, and the balconies are small, but it's a great ship and the trip is always extremely pleasant.

BTW, we're booked on explorer in a balcony cabin, and it's the SAME size as these jr suite cabins, so they're not that small after all.

Archived