Help With Brilliance

lisa225

I have been on two Radiance class ships with a third coming up. I don't have teens to take and haven't been on the Voyager class but from what I understand, the major things you won't have on the Brilliance are the ice skating rink and the promenade. Personally, I love the feeling of the Radiance class ships with all the glass. I would much rather turn in almost any direction and see the views rather than a "shopping mall". Just my opinion, but I think there are plenty of activities on the Radiance class for teenagers. We are doing the full transit of the canal next fall and from what I have read, it seems that there are less young people on the longer cruises so you might want to consider that too. Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time.

I don't know about spring break, but friends travelled with their 16 and 14 year olds on the Brilliance in 2004 and 2005. One trip was through the canal and the other was the Eastern Caribbean. We were traveling in January when there weren't as many kids on the cruise.

does anyone have any thoughts on travelling with a 16 yr. old on brilliance (panama canal) during spring break. we have only been on voyager class ships and wonder if anyone has experience with teens on brilliance.

thanks,lisa

We are on the BOS for the 3-26-07 Panama Canal cruise and since it is Spring Break, I am expecting to see quite a few kids. I have heard that you see fewer kids on the longer cruises but since it is spring break, I wouldn't worry about there not being any other teenagers for yours to hang out with.

We have a group of 9 going, consisting of my almost 11 yr old, a 19 yr old, a 20 yr old, 2 - 21 yr olds, 2 - 23 yr olds and my husband and myself.

If you book the same cruise, please join our Meet n Mingle. We have a great group !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=309318

We are on the BOS for the 3-26-07 Panama Canal cruise and since it is Spring Break, I am expecting to see quite a few kids. I have heard that you see fewer kids on the longer cruises but since it is spring break, I wouldn't worry about there not being any other teenagers for yours to hang out with.

We have a group of 9 going, consisting of my almost 11 yr old, a 19 yr old, a 20 yr old, 2 - 21 yr olds, 2 - 23 yr olds and my husband and myself.

If you book the same cruise, please join our Meet n Mingle. We have a great group !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=309318

thanks so much for the invitation, but the one we placed a deposit on leaves april 6, our school break does not start until the 5th. i have placed a deposit on this one and a b2b(4/1&4/7) on the explorer. we have been on the explorer once and are booked for it again in august, so i thought it would be nice to try the brilliance. i only worry because most of the reviews i've read from members of cruisecritic tend to be travellers without teens.

thanks so much for your and others responses. if anyone is still out there who has travelled with teens on the brilliance to panama canal i would still love to hear feom you. also, does anyone know if this class of ships has the teen only club? if anyone has the teen compass activities from one of these cruises that would be helpful.

thanks to all of you and to cruisecritic for providing this forum.

lisa

We traveled with another family 4/25/2006 on the 11 night Panama. There were 18 kids under age 17 which included the five in our group. Kids had a blast. On the prior 10 night Panama cruise we were told there were a couple hundred kids. Whether there are many or a few other kids I'm sure yours will have a ball.

of all the cruises ive been on (most of which on voyager/freedom class ships) the most kids ive ever encountered was on the Brilliance..by FAR. I'm almost 21 years old, when i went on brilliance i was 18. It was one of my favorite cruises because of the people i met. I cant tell you how many 15 - 18 year olds there were. A lot more than any voyager class ship we have been on. That being said, there was plenty for us to do, and any 16 year old will have a blast on Brilliance.

p.s. i love the royal promenade...i dont know why its referred to as a "shopping mall"...its an incredible place, and i dont know too many malls with like 3 shops in it...so its hardly a shopping mall..its the most unique aspect of the voyager/freedom class ships. that is the only thing i missed on Brilliance, but its sort of a big deal...i love hanging out at the pub in the promenade, and it makes it so easy to get around the ship.

The week of Easter you won't have any problems with not having plenty of kids on board plus it is the 10 day itinerary so if kids are off that week from school there is no extra days off since most schools also include good friday which is the 6th. You will be getting on as we are getting off, I will be the one kicking and screaming. LOL :eek:

Archived