Ecstacy late

WildWillie

I was wondering the same thing. Thought it was just me. Was wondering if she ran into some bad weather since that cold front came through.

Thought that too, but noticed the Grand Princess docked bright and early as scheduled. Anyone off Ecstacy got the info??

I was on the boat - on Friday we went through a bad storm all day. Gale force winds and 15 foot waves - they said it really slowed us down but around midnight I did feel us slow down alot - I think they must have been running at full power to get through the storm but when we were through it they cut off some of the power - maybe there are speed regulations or something - don't know. Wasn't a good day for many passengers (lots of people were sick) but for those of us that don't have an issue with sea sickness it was okay - kinda fun "rocking and rolling"

It was a good cruise. The boat was full. I was with a group of homeschoolers and we had classes for our kids and a great tour of the Mayan ruins in Progresso. This was my 4th cruise and it was about the same as others, good food, good entertainment, good times. Don't like the tendering in Cozumel but not much to be done about that until piers are rebuilt. I was in Cozumel in May and they have made a lot of progress since then rebuilding things - but still has a way to go.

My son & daughter-in-law were just on the Ecstacy a couple of weeks ago & said that they docked in Cozumel. I wonder why you had to tender now?

vphillips2 would you please email mw...jwwaldrops@yahoo.com

My daughter is homeschooled & I would like to know when there will be another cruise.

My son & daughter-in-law were just on the Ecstacy a couple of weeks ago & said that they docked in Cozumel. I wonder why you had to tender now?

vphillips2 would you please email mw...jwwaldrops@yahoo.com

My daughter is homeschooled & I would like to know when there will be another cruise.

The Ecstacy sails on a rotating schedule. Over a two week span she sails two 5 night cruises and a 4 night cruise. This means she calls on Cozumel 3 times over a two week span, each on a different day of the week. When Ecstacy calls on a Saturday or a Monday there are few other ships in port so dock space is usually available for her. When she calls on Cozumel on a Thursday as she did in WildWillie's case, the port is much busier. Typically she is one of 7 or more ships in port . On these days she is one of the ships that gets stuck with the tenders.

we were in Galveston yesterday for "Dickens on the Strand" I was watching one of the shows which was set up direcly in front of the Ecstasy about two blocks or so away. They sounded the boat drill at 4:30 hrs and pulled away from the dock at 4:45. Grand Princess followed about 30 minutes later

Archived