How about that Piton beer?

EggDropErin

Piton was not my favorite. It was a little on the light side for me. I was quite tickled to find that they sold Presidente, from the DR, on St. Martin. That's a good beer. I'd say, Presidente, Kalik, and Beliken are my 3 favorite Caribbean beers.

Like I've said here many times, Think Globally, but Drink Locally.

Your old pal,

Joe

My DH and I always joke about Piton beer....

My DH liked the beer so much that when we were at the pool on the ship he told me he'd be right back. Well, he came back about 10 minutes later with 2 Piton beers. I asked him where he went and he said that he got off the ship and walked down the pier a bit and found a street vendor selling bottles of beer. He bought 2 and walked back on the ship. I thought he was crazy, but he actually got off again when he finished those 2 and got 2 more. The 4 beers he bought were the same price as buying 1 beer on the ship.

My DH and I always joke about Piton beer....

My DH liked the beer so much that when we were at the pool on the ship he told me he'd be right back. Well, he came back about 10 minutes later with 2 Piton beers. I asked him where he went and he said that he got off the ship and walked down the pier a bit and found a street vendor selling bottles of beer. He bought 2 and walked back on the ship. I thought he was crazy, but he actually got off again when he finished those 2 and got 2 more. The 4 beers he bought were the same price as buying 1 beer on the ship.

LOL That was probably the stand we ended up at. Very cute and small, just outside the shopping area with a few tables and umbrellas. There were amazingly a lot of locals hanging out there even though it was in a very touristy area.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I must have missed that the first time there. i love to try local beer. Where did you find it? l'm planning to go back in spring of '08 w/DH another beer lover!:)

We found it at this little hut-like building near the shopping at the port.

• 1 month later...

Archived