Sydney Bridge Climb

Suzanne123

I've done the climb as well. I did my climb just after Christmas in the morning around 8am. It is cooler than climbing in the middle of the day when the temperature can reach over 100 during summer. You can't take any water with you, so make sure you are hydrated enough before the climb.

Hope you enjoy it:D .

We did it quite a few years ago when it was first opened. We also did it in the morning around 11am and it was great.

I believe the night climb is also terrific as you get to see the lights. I think a dusk climb around 8.00pm would be wonderful as you would start off in the light and gradually it would become darker until all the lights were on.

It is a fabulous climb no matter when you do it but make sure you book in plenty of time as it is the most popular tourist attraction in Sydney.

Jennie

Thanks everyone. I purchased Bridge Climb gift certificates for us because the cruise is a Christmas surprise for my husband. The actual certificate is really pretty, and will arrive in time for the holidays. I'm wrapping that to announce the vacation that he thinks we're taking to England. (tee hee)

We're going in March and I hadn't even considered the heat of mid-day, so I'm glad you mentioned it. I think we'll try to do the climb around 10:00 AM per your suggestions.

In case anyone else is interested, it looks like they are already booked solid or are simply closed on March 16,17,18 and 19 for both Sydney and Discovery Bridge Climbs.

BTW, has anyone tried the Discovery Bridge? Is it better, worse, or just different from the Sydney Bridge?

Thanks again.

The discovery climb takes a different route to get to the top of the bridge. I think it has been introduced for those people who have done the climb before or just for something different. It goes into the history of the bridge a bit more.

I think if you avoid the middle of the day and go for morning or late afternoon you will really have the best of the day.

Have fun.

Sea Day Cruiser,

No, this is no age limit. I have heard of a lady who was in her 80's who did it. As long as you can climb stairs you will be able to do it. I think it would be very hard if you were used to a walking stick or pushing a frame.

It is not a hard climb but you do need your wits about you.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...
Any opinions about the best time of day to do the climb?
Judging by the pricing and the speed with which they sell out, the twilight climbs seems to be the most popular, at any rate!
The discovery climb takes a different route to get to the top of the bridge. I think it has been introduced for those people who have done the climb before or just for something different. It goes into the history of the bridge a bit more.
Thanks for this. I'm definitely going to give this a go next time I'm out - prob February or March, by the looks of things.

Archived