Sabatini's Sterling Questions

bigred4770

Hi all.

I will be travelling on Dec. 23rd on the Golden Princess. I just came off a terrible experience with RCCL (which I will be posting in their area soon) and so I want to make this trip great. Needless to say, Princess for me is now number one.

I have a couple of questions in regards Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse:

1. Can you go to either/both for lunch? What about port days?

2. Can you go by yourself? Has anyone experienced this before?

3. What is the cover for both?

Thanks for all you help. I know these questions are asked a lot but I could not find any recent answers during my search.

When I was on CB in July the cover was $20 for Sabatini's and $15 for Sterlings. I am not sure about dining single, I am sure it is allowed, just make the reservation for 1! Sterlings was open the last sea day for lunch, I am not sure if Sabatini's was as well. Hope this helps....

I really dont think so, I believe its just the last at sea day. You could ask the matre de though once you board. He/she should be in the area just outside one of the specialty restaurants where they will be taking reservations during a specified time prior to sailing.

Hi there,

if I recall correctly they are closed during the day while in port,

have seen single people eating there.

as for something different I tried the fish it was so good I went back agin just for the fish.

have a great trip.

yours Shogun

Thanks for the response. I was wondering if they were open on Port Days. I am thinking about not getting off the boat in Jamaica and was maybe going to go then, but I need to know if they are open for lunch and/or port days.
Maybe you can get your special table for 4 there.

There would be no problem booking for 1. If you could find a companion for Sabatini's it would make the experience all the more pleasurable. I travel a lot and eat alone but if I went to a restaurant like Sabatini's i think it would be more fun with others. We went on Island and had our 26th anniversary in Sabatini's - there were 8 of us and it was wonderful.

On the Island they were never open for lunch that I can remember.

Thanks for the response. I was wondering if they were open on Port Days. I am thinking about not getting off the boat in Jamaica and was maybe going to go then, but I need to know if they are open for lunch and/or port days.

Don't blame you at all for not wanting to get off the ship in Jamaica. If they're not open for lunch that day, why not treat yourself to a spa treatment instead or a day in the Thermal Suite? As for dining alone, why not? We've eaten in both restaurants and I had the lobster in both our last cruise. Hands down, the lobster in Sterlings was the best I have eaten anywhere in a very long time. I combined the filet with the lobster (made my own surf n turf) and it was worth the extra $5. In Sabatini's there's no additional charge for the lobster.

Mary

Maybe you can get your special table for 4 there.

Thanks to all that wrote responses back to me. I will definitely keep this in mind. I was curious as to what this refered to. I made a long posting in RCCL about my recent cruise experience there but I cannot find it. I was wondering if CC will pull some posts? Or is it because that post was so long? I cannot find it anywhere.

And just for clarification purposes: I did not complain about the table. I was very upset about the harrassment received and the neglect by RCCL in handling the situation properly.

Archived