QM2 Balconies

kalypso333

I am trying to figure out which balcony stateroom to choose at the price I can afford. I am looking at the balconies on deck 5 or 6, or the obstructed balconies on deck 8.

Can anyone with experience with these stateroom give their impressions. i.e. in-hull so low on the ship, or how obstructed is obstructed?

Thanks

I had a balcony on Deck 4 and loved it. I had friends on Deck 6 and they had a problem with early morning joggers disturbing them. By early I mean 6ish.

The obstructed are that. It's dependent on your locations. You can have a tender directly in front so there's little view or have a gap so you get a partial view.

We have had a blacony on six twice now and found on warm water cruises the deck pounders were a pain. They are asked not to jog before 8am and not after 8pm. But they do. Why these people can't relax and kick back I do not know? :D

We have gone for a balcony on 8 for next time.

We were deck 5 aft with a hull balcony in October. I picked it because there were cabins above and below us so we didn't have a dining room etc. It worked out well.

The balcony was just fine. Weather was chilly so we weren't looking to sit outside. Standing at the opening was terrific for some air and looking at the ports. My favorite was the lone piper as we left Saint John, New Brunswick. That sure brought tears to my eyes!

Archived