Restaurants in LaPorte

tacohee12

Hi -

We did not stay in LaPorte, but we talked to people on our cruise last week who did. Here's what they suggested: Stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites -- they provide a huge breakfast buffet each morning for all guests. And, the couple we talked to said that they walked across the street for a seafood dinner and had the best fried shrimp of their lives!

So... we kinda wish we had stayed there too. (We stayed in Deer Park at a Hampton Inn because we are trying to accumulate Hilton points for an upcoming South America stay. Deer Park is about 20 minutes from the ship and there was nothing to walk to.

As for buying liquor: NCL will not let you bring it aboard. I even had to take a sip from my water bottle to show them that it wasn't vodka!!

Hope this is useful to you. If you are sailing on NCL Dream, be sure to see the Top Tips for Dream that I just posted on the NCL thread (not the roll call thread).

Liz

There is not much in LaPorte (the town area), no major chain restaurants, grocery stores, just a couple of small mom & pop restaurants, maybe a small convience store. There are several "antique" shops and a few beer joints but that is about it.

LaPorte is a small town between (2) large roads, Spencer and Fairmont. Both roads run E-W and connect LaPorte with the next small towns just west, Deer Park and Pasadena. State highway 146 runs N-S past the west side of town. Most of your commerical activity will be found around the intersections of these roads. Unless you are staying close to these areas, I wouldn't be out walking around at night.

The town itself usually rolls up the sidewalks after dark and on weekends at sunset. The area on the north side of LaPorte is industrial with few small home areas thrown in but I wouldn't be out at night walking around.

You would do well stopping on your way and picking up what you need.

Have a great cruise.

i think the name is baytown grill or something like that. if you stay at comfort suites (which i recommend) located on 8th st, the restaurant is on the corner of the access road. can't miss it. we ate there in november, plenty of food at a reasonable price.

coming from comfort suites, take a left when you hit the main road. just a few blocks down the street are several stores to include a walgreens.

i think the name is baytown grill or something like that...

That sounds like it may be one of the Baytown Seafood restaurants. If so, I can truly testify to the great food, great prices, great portion sizes, etc. as I have been to a couple of their restaurants in east Houston and one in Baytown. I looked up their La Porte address. It is 1101 Highway 146 South, La Porte, TX 77571-6119.

042202_1319_92_prv.gif 'Tis the season to be jolly... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 110105_emYA10_prv.gif

Archived