can't wear heels, any ideas?

SheilaSailAway

hey ladies!

i just got a cast of my leg, and i am un able to wear heels just yet. I am cruising pretty soon, any ideas for cute flats for dinners? i have a pretty snazzy pair of thong sandals...sequins, the whole bit. sound exceptable?

thanks for any help!

I have a pair of pretty low-heeled shoes (I think they are called skimmers) that I wear with pants. I got them at Nordstrom Rack. I will definately be bringing them on the cruise with me. They are a black/pewter mix but I have seen them in plenty of other colors. Some are very fancy. I would stay away from mules or slides, though - it will be hard enough to keep your balance without worrying about your shoes falling off!

hey ladies!

i just got a cast of my leg, and i am un able to wear heels just yet. I am cruising pretty soon, any ideas for cute flats for dinners? i have a pretty snazzy pair of thong sandals...sequins, the whole bit. sound exceptable?

Sounds perfect - I quit wearing heels 10 years ago when I turned 50 - beaded black thong sandals look great, especially with black palazzo pants.

Couldn't have picked a better time! Ballet flats are very "in" and are being worn everywhere with everything. Lots of the major shoe designers are making them, in every conceivable colour and fabric; you should have no trouble matching them to your outfits.

Of course, as you say, you can never go wrong with strappy, beaded sandals, whether they have heels or not!

Have a great cruise...

I don't know which bone you broke, mine was fractured fibula (bone running up the back of your leg). This was 7 years ago. I couldn't wear sandals for a couple of years because it meant trying to keep them on and wearing out my newly healed bone. How about ballet slipper type shoes? A lot depends on what kind of dress clothes you are taking. IF you take dressy pants, a nice pair of dark oxfords with hose work. There are probably shoes sites online that would give you a better idea of what's available and will help you decide what kind of shoe you are looking for.

--Jo

Hi! I am in the same boat -- just had knee replacement. I bought a pair of bronze thongs covered in bronze sequines (from Silhouette). Also got a gorgeous pair of thongs with "diamonds and pearls" (by Yellowbox) from HSN. HSN has several nice pairs of flats on clearance right now.

Archived