Parking for NY Port departure

ladyjane550

I suppose you could park at any hotel with an open parking lot (meaning that you dont have to use a valet service or get a parking pass from anyone). I dont know if I would use say that they would "let you", but I dont know how they would know that you were not a guest of the hotel, unless they monitor the parking lot which is very possible. If I were you, I would find a parking lot or garage (that is attended) that will allow you to pay for a week that is in the NJ area if you really hate driving in NYC so much (and I cant say I blame you!). The hotel idea seems iffy and it sure would be a bummer to come back and find your car has been towed by the hotel staff.

Good Luck!

I just learned there is also the option of parking at Weehawken and taking the ferry over. I read another post on this board where people have done that. I dont know anything about it, but you could try a search of threads to see if you can find more info about this option.

There are a few hotels in Secaucus that have large parking lots and an easy ride into NYC.Another alternative is Newark Airport.You can get an airport bus into NY Port auth.,a short ride to the port.

How about sleeping @ an airport hotel with a parking deal?Try http://www.parksleepfly.com and stay123.com for those deals.

Hope I helped.

Wow that parksleepfly.com is a great site! I have never heard of that before. I will definetly keep it for future reference! You can stay over night for the price of parking at the airport.

Thanks for sharing it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was reading this thread and a have a different concern/question. I will be renting a car in Boston the week before our New England cruise. I plan to spend the night somewhere in the New York area on Thurday to board the ship on Friday 10/01. I'm trying to figure out where to return the car on Friday that will be convenient to the NYC passenger terminal, and where to stay (perhaps New Jersey?) to avoid having to drive in NYC. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Perhaps there are hotels in New Jersey or NY area that offer shuttles or quick cab rides to the dock, and I can return the car the night before. Thank you

Andrea

• 12 years later...