Question about A to Z planner

lemmonnie

I have filled out the reservation request form from their website couple days ago and still have not heard anything back yet. Anybody had same experience before?? What else should I try? Our cruise date is approaching.... it's only 2 weeks away!!!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Just got back from the Carnival Conquest. Belinda at A-Z Planners set us up on a horseback riding tour in Jamaica. Great tour, great communication between Belinda and us. Would use her again in a minute. We received email replys back within 12 hours.

Email Belinda. Tell her what kind of things you like to do and she will have numerous suggestions. Again, we are in our 50's and did a great horseback ride. Saw alot of the Jamaican countryside. Might not be your thing however. But she will have suggestions.

I would highly, highly, highly recommend Jackson from A-Z tours - he took us to Mayfield falls and then shopping/lunch. We managed to eat at the pork pit which was to DIE FOR... Jackson was one of the best tour guides we have ever had....

Please tell him April and David say hello!!!!

(He also recently lost his daughter tragically in a car accident last month.. such a beautiful girl - I was touched by his ability to look at the bright side out of all of it)....

We our both 50+ and have used A-Z in both Ochio Rios and Mo Bay. I highly recommend taking the Rose Hall Mansion tour. That exploration is the highlight of the tour but there are many other features. Including, tour of the area, beach time if you wish, shopping stop, Margaritaville stop (again if you wish) and plenty of time to get lunch.

The next best rated tour for our age group would be the YS Falls tour.

Because we have been there several times, we went to Negril this last time. It is an hours drive, but the beach was beautiful. We also stopped at Rick's Cafe and saw the lighthouse from there.

Belinda will take good care of you.

Bon Voyage

I would highly, highly, highly recommend Jackson from A-Z tours - he took us to Mayfield falls and then shopping/lunch.

I just heard from Belinda and we have Jackson reserved for Christmas Day! I am so excited! There are 7 of us - am wondering what you paid per person, how many people were with you, what did you tip him, and where did he drop you off at the end of the day?

Thanks!

Sophie

We paid $40.00 per person to see Mayfield falls, go to Margaritaville (Listed on the website) - which we didn't do that and went to the Pork place instead which was DA BOMB!!! (also listed in the 'Things to do before you die book) - and went shopping.... we tipped him $20.00. PLEASE TELL HIM THAT APRIL AND DAVID SAID HELLO - We are going to send him a Christmas card...HE IS THE BEST!! Head's up - when you go to Mayfield falls - they really try to get you to rent shoes and a locker. My advise is to just have a fanny pack and bring your own aquashoes - they charged $5.00 per person. You also have the option to do the full get wet thing or just wade... it's your option...

If you have any other questions - just email me at gooseylou22@yahoo.com.. good choice!!

Sophie…

I wanted to reiterate a couple things that Cruisingoose (My Wife) told you about Jackson and our great tour we had with him to Mineral Falls! BRING YOUR OWN WATER SHOES! They will charge you $5 each to rent them. Also if you plan on getting completely wet….be sure to wear bathing suits under your clothes and then you can change back into dry clothes when you are done with the tour. No matter what…you are going to be in the water some and ITS BEAUTIFUL! The water is so pure that you can drink it. The tour guide for the falls is itself is a different gentleman and his tip is not included with the tour price so keep that in mind when you go. There were only two of us that ended up going on the tour…our friends cancelled on us. But Jackson’s van is very spacious and you will have more than enough room for 7 people. Like April said…we were to have gone to MARGARITAVILLE for lunch after the Falls but Jackson recommended a place called the PORK PIT…Its authentic Jamaican jerk food and its INCREDIBLE! Its also listed in the 1001 places to see before you die. He also took us to a small shopping plaza where we could buy the souvenirs that we were looking for.

Jackson truly loves his job and his country…he knows so much about the country itself and will answer ANY and ALL questions that you have. You pretty much tell him when you want to go back to the ship, where you want to go shopping, where you want to eat, etc…but I would stick with his recommendations. He is a very kind man and you will love his personality. As April said…he recently lost his 18 year old daughter in a tragic car accident and its amazing how he copes with her loss. He is definitely someone that you will remember from your upcoming cruise!!

Ohh almost forgot...Jackson will pick you up and take you back to the cruise terminal directly!

David and April - thank you for all the great info. I will definitely tell him you said hello. We will all bring our own water shoes for sure! So if we bring extra clothes to change into - can't Jackson lock them up in the van? Why would we need to rent a locker?? Is that what you did?

Also - I was thinking about an appropriate gift that we might bring from New Hampshire - so am glad you told me about the death of his daugher - how awful for him! I like to hire locals to learn about their country's customs. I usually will bring postcards of the White Mountains with snow so they can see where we come from. Many times I will include maple candies for their children. Do you know if Jackson has other children?

Sophie

Sophie - from what I can recall - he does have another child...but I am not sure of the age/gender I believe a teenage boy - I didn't really think about locking up the stuff in the van but I guess that it's 'expected' as they make a couple of extra bucks. Also you are expected to tip your tour guide with the falls (we did $10)- you take a hike along a trail and wade up to the falls....Jackson is really into the vegetation on the island and we saw various fruit and spice trees..which he stopped to point out to us. The tourguide at the falls did a good job as well - let us taste a wild orange which actually tasted like a cross between a lemon/lime and orange...

Do not be surprised if you are 'offered' another type of vegetation that would be illegal here. It is acceptable there - but were very nice when we declined..

April

Another star for A - Z from us. we did Mayfield Fall with Clive who was a careful driver on those narrow roads and a real nice guy. There were just the 4 of us as another group had cancelled in an immaculate people carrier. Our group was fist to arrive at the falls and our guide was superb. Ican't remember his name but Clive said he was the best and he was. We had our own shoes and were not asked to pay for a locker. "Rasti" ( he was a rastifarian ) locked up our stuff, took my camera and we set off. Wow! We did it all - with a little help from our guide in some places. On the walk back we saw lots of plants including tumeric and ginger. He slapped us all with a certain fern to give an imprint of it on our arms. Strange. At the end he got a very good tip. Our port time was short so we had to miss out on anything else. I received a nice email from Belinda hope we had had a good time. A - Z seem very organised, were quick to respond and worth using.

One more vote for A-Z Planners

Received this email next day

They could of said no problem, but instead told me upfront.

"Sorry but this excursion is not available on Christmas Eve, we have many

other tours on the cruise ship page that might interest you and we would be happy to book you for any of those

Regards

Belinda

Archived