Question about 11 day Ulitimate Cruise

benfish

We are on the January 29th trip and was wondering if anyone out there that was on this trip previously. My question is the day we are in Aruba and leave at 8pm, do you remember if there was any sort of program that evening?

I have tried calling Celebrity and they have no clue and will not know anything until we are about three weeks out as to daily schedules. I would like to make a reservation at Oceanliners but am (also greedy) because I do not want to miss any of the productions in the main theater especially the Cirque de Soley (bad spelling-sorry)

I know that the ship is going to be nearly sold out so I am trying to plan ahead and avoid the rush when we board. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Hi Benfish,

It has been my experience that an evening departure from a port usually means 1) A Casual Dress Night and 2) Not much going on onboard. The Local Authorities prefer that you spend your time (read Money) in their country.

If you make your reservations for the Specialty Restaurant for the same time your dinner seating time is you probably will not miss too much of the entertainment no matter which night you reserve. Also, you can book as soon as you get onboard and the staff will know the schedule then.

Happy Travels

Cindy

Benfish - The first sailing of this itinary on Constellation will be returning tomorrow to FLL. I have a friend from a previous cruise on board. FLLADY usually writes a review upon her return. I will ask her to stop by this thread to answer your question.

Jim

I heard form Jeanne (FLLADY) as she just returned from the same itinary.

"You all are going to fall in love with Constellation, she is a grand lady! We had some of the best service from our waiters, asstants, room stewards, and we only had a cat.#2A, regular balcony cabin. Try to get, as your waiter, Nicholus and assistant, Mustafo, Nickolus is on his way to becoming a Matre D' we are sure! He was not only very efficient but fun. :p He was giving us a list of desserts one night and Ellis realized he had said Brocolli sherbet, so being a kidder, he asked for it, and Nickolus came back with a bowl of sherbet with a broccoli in the middle. :D Just one of many nights of a very enjoyable time at dinner. We were on deck#5 dining room. Speaking of dining room, I was able to get a table plan, if anyone is interested in locations.

Jim asked about dress code,

Nights

1 - casual

2- formal

3- casual

4- Informal

5- Casual

6- Formal

7- Informal

8- Casual

9- Formal

10- Informal

11- Casual

Capt. Ioannis Papanikolaou, but he told us he will be on vacation from the day we arrived back in Fort Lauderdale till MArch. Not sure who will be taking over as Capt.

Staff Capt. Dimitris Manetas

Cruise Director Don Fluke (get him to sing a few songs, he is great) We also had him on Millenium.

"

Benfish,

To answer your question directly, on the night we left Aruba, there were two performances given by David Meyer. To quote from the Celebrity Today:

David Meyer, internationally recognized as a soloist, recording artist and composer, is one of the world's most innovative musicians. Performing on his very unique "Xylosynth," David blends the world's most popular music with a palette of exotic sounds only offered by his state-of-the-art technology."

Let it suffice to say my wife and I both enjoyed his show and would love to see it again if the opportunity presents itself. It truely was a unique performance.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Hal

I think if you press hard enough, somebody at Celebrity should know the schedule. I mean, they don't just make it up as they go. Heck, even the daily bulletins follow a format. While I agree that most long port visits call for casual or maybe informal wear, on our 14 night Summit cruise though the Panama Canal and the Caribbean, the evening of our Curacao visit was formal. Granted, it was Thanksgiving, so maybe that's why. Or maybe it's because they were running out of nights, as the next night (at sea) was our last and that's always way casual, given that your luggage is gone (o should be).

Archived