Changing From Solo To Double Or Vice Versa?

Froufie

Anyone have any experience or knowledge on switching from solo to double? or vice versa?

I have found a nice 1A cabin on upcoming cruise - rates are good for both solo or double - not sure if I am going alone or may find a companion and I don't want to lose the cabin.

So do I book double (2nd passenger tbd?) and if I don't find someone can I then 'revert' to solo price? (original price or do I get new price?). Or do I book solo now - then add someone should I find a travelling buddy? Or would that be more expensive?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Froufie:cool:

Have hade many discussions myself with different PVPs and on here.

I have booked a few cruises with great rates for next year and will decide on one eventually. This is what I understand,One of my cruises is a transalantic for 799pp for a 1a and 1114 solo. I can book 2 people at that rate and if the second dosen't come I am still locked into the 1114 amount, if I book solo and the prices go up say to 899pp and then I find someone they would have to pay the 899 price and I am locked into the 799 rate. What I have done is booked for 2 just in case I do find someone and then they are guaranteed a good rate also, do not have to make a decision until final payment is due. The one good thing about doing it this way is if there is no second person you have put down a 1000 on your trip. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.

I just called Carnival and asked the question - PVP recommended booking as a single at this time simply because cruise is not that far off and if I wanted to book as double - final payment in 3 weeks so not much time to determine who is coming....

If I find someone after final payment (e.g. january) I could add them - however unlike babs info it was not guaranteed to be the same rate - it would be whatever the double rate is at the time of the booking (so price could go up?)

I am still undecided however I will certainly call back and a) talk to anothe PVP and b) try and get something sent to me in writing if I do book! (babs did you get this confirmed in writing about adding someone to the room at the exact same rate?)

Froufie

Here are some "oldie but goodie" threads on this forum for further insight:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=351498

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=312979

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=312392

042202_1319_92_prv.gif 'Tis the season to be jolly... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 110105_emYA10_prv.gif

Archived