Seabourn has lost our onboard deposit

clarky

Can anybody suggest who to contact in Seabourn to resolve the problem below.

While on our last cruise we paid a $1,000 deposit towards our future cruise. June this year we booked a cruise through a US travel agent and gave them the details of our onboard deposit receipt. The travel agent contact Seabourn and was told that they had no record of this deposit. Lucky we did! Our travel agents gave us the name of Walter Barinaga Manager Reservation Sales and a copy of our deposit was sent to him. Walter told us via e-mail that he had now applied this deposit to our booking and all was taken care of.

Last week our travel agent contacted us to make final payment, the total amount due did not have the $1.000 taken into account. I contact the agent and sent him a copy of Walter's e-mail assuring us that all had been taken care of. The travel agent contacted Seabourn again and was told that a check had been sent to us for $1,000. This is not the case! Again we contacted Walter who told us that he would look into the matter and would make sure the $1,000. was credited to our booking. Two weeks later and he has not done so despite our travel agent contacting him. We have sent e-mails and voice mails and still had no reply! Our travel agent was told by someone in Walter's office that he is working on it! Who can we contact to resolve this issue. We would at this stage be happy to apply the $1,000 as onboard credit but the fact that they can't find the money and have given us various stories is frustrating to say the least.

We are loyal Seabourn cruises and know that the onboard experience is nothing like the service we are receiving from the land office but this is so very frustrating, especially as we live in Australia and our time zones are so different.

Any suggestions on who to contact now would be greatly appreciated.

Clarky,

How awful you had to go through this! I reccommend that you contact Bruce Good, Seabourn Manager of Customer Relations at:

bgood@seabourn.com

Good luck in resolving your issue. I do know, at least in 2003, Seabourn had a department that resolved onboard booking issues. My TA had to get help from these folks as I made a B2B onboard cruise booking for 2004. Somehow, the wires got crossed between the ship and Miami. Seabourn said I never booked the second cruise onboard and was not eligible for the onboard and combined voyage savings. I had the paperwork to prove otherwise. My TA was able to quickly get the whole thing resolved without elevating it to management.

With all due respect, I don't think calling the CEO is the way to go. It is not in the passengers' or shareholders' interests to have the head of a company tied up with something like this. This is in Bruce Good's ballpark and he should be able to handle it. (Since I'm not a Carnival shareholder I prefer not to call Seabourn "my" or "our" company/President, etc).

Actually, Bruce Good is Director of Marketing, and not the correct person to contact. I would give Emily Edwards a call and start with her. She is terrific at handling problems, and escalating to the appropriate persons if necessary. I believe her extension is 7028.

Denyse

Denyse,

Howdy!

I have found Pam to be very "hands on" as to any/all situations.

She is a terrific lady~~~and I feel we are indeed fortunate in having her at our helm.

I'm sure Emily would be a great contact also as to solving and helping with a problem.

Happy Holidays!

MB

ps: are you and Ken going

to the wedding in Paris next summer?

Denyse,

Howdy!

I have found Pam to be very "hands on" as to any/all situations.

She is a terrific lady~~~and I feel we are indeed fortunate in having her at our helm.

I'm sure Emily would be a great contact also as to solving and helping with a problem.

Happy Holidays!

MB

ps: are you and Ken going

to the wedding in Paris next summer?

Although I would probably start with Emily, (What happened to David Bloom?) Martita is right about Mrs. Conover. She and I corresponded over a few things while she was at the helm of Cunard and was quick to respond, resolve and pass on praise.

Denyse...I was in SFO for a day earlier this week expecting freezing temps! It was quite nice, (though not as nice as AZ, I'm sure!)

Best to Ken! Wil and I are off to India in a couple of hours.

Hi,

Bruce Good is NOT in marketing or in guest relations. Bruce is the Director of Public Relations. The guest relations dept. is headed up by David Bloom. Emily is in Guest Services 9i.e. special requests)

This seems to be a very simple matter. You obviously have your passenger folio from the original cruise. This would show the $1000.00 deposit for your future cruise. Walter is no longer the reservations manager. He switched departments. The new res. manager is Derek Avello. Have your TA contact Derek. I am sure all will be settled soon. Not to worry.

Bon voyage

Dear Seabourn Cruisers,

Thank you for all your suggestions. We sent an e-mail to Bruce Good (as we had his e-mail from this thread) and asked him to forward the e-mail to the appropriate person. He sent the e-mail to David Bloom with a copy to Walter. I hope now that action will be taken to find and credit the $1.000 to our booking. I will keep you posted as to the outcome. Once again thank you for your help.

Can't you check your credit card payments?

We too did two on board bookings on our last cruise a couple of weeks ago. And when we disembarked the Legend, the amount wasn't mentioned on our final bill. Now we have to wait and see if our credit card has been used for the two on board bookings. I already talked that over with our agent, so for us that won't be a problem I think. Good luck!

Hi Marja!

Onboard booking deposits are not charged to your shipboard acccount but to the credit card provided on the onboard booking form after you sign it. Seabourn does not dilly-dally in getting your credit card charged for the required deposit. My experience has been that my Amex card is billed by Seabourn the next day (rarely 2 days depending on time zone differences) from my signature on the booking form.

If I do not "talk" to you, sending my best to you, Rene and your family for a wonderful and joyous holiday season! :)

Hi,

We did check our credit card statement and the $1.000. has been charged. We sent a copy of the credit card statement to Walter at Seabourn. It is not that I'm worried that we won't get the $1,000 credited to our cruise because we have all the documention proving we have paid the $1,000. What has frustrated me is that in June 2006 we were told that it had been credited back to our card (it had not, in fact another bank took over our bank and we were issued with new cards), then Walter told us he had located the transaction and that it had been applied to our new booking. Now final payment is due we find that it has not been applied to our new booking and they told our TA that they had sent us a check for the $1,000, this is also not true and now they are having problems locating the transaction again.

All we want to do it make our final payment less the $1,000. we pre-paid while onboard our last cruise. This is really unfortunate because I don't think I will be making another $1,000 onboard payment. Are we the only people to have had this problem?

I will let you all know how this is resolved.

Hi Paul!

Thank you for your good wishes, very much appreciated! And of course we wish you the same.

About the on board bookings. Several times we DID pay the 800 euro through our on board account! Never a problem. But maybe this time, you know on our special crossing, Christopher -and everybody else for that matter - was so busy, that the payment was not debited to our credit card. But we will see that in the next few weeks. I have no worries about it. Have a nice day!

Archived