New Year's Eve?

fabby50

Anybody know what RC does for New Year's Eve? Specifically, we're going to be on the Monarch on the 5 day New Year's sailing. Is it the formal night? All I've heard is that there's champagne in the lounges - anything else? What about New Year's Day - football? Parties? It's an "at sea" day so I was wondering if they have extra activities -

Thanks in advance!

I don't have experience with RCI on NY's cruises but on 3 other lines there has always been a big party on the pool deck with hats, noisemakers, and champaign. This extends down to the interior bars too.

On one of my cruises, the Captain got us near enough an island that had fireworks going off. He then rerouted and got us back on track for our next destination.

Yes, there will be kids, generally lots of kids.

I don't believe anything extra is planned because it's NY's day. There is always something going on on the sea days. What I have noticed is more people seem to require extra sleep while visiting the pool deck. :rolleyes:

Went on Mariner last year for an extended special cruise from 12/23-1/2. It was awesome!

Specifically, on New Year's Eve they have a special dinner and we got to keep the momento menu. They had noisemakers, hats, etc at the dinner tables...yes, it was formal. It was so much fun as everyone was blowing the horns, etc at dinner and just having fun!

Then at midnight in the promenade area they had a countdown and balloon drop...free glass of champagne. Very festive indeed. New Year's Day...pretty much everyone was recovering and getting ready to get off the ship the next day. They did have a nice dinner menu that day as well.

It was a great way to start off 2006 and hope that you have as much fun as I did...ringing in 2007!:D

Sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for the replies. Husband and I are usually asleep by 9 and the banging of the garbage can lids wakes us up and we say "Happy New Year's". This year, we decided we needed to DO SOMETHING!

Forgot to ask, do they keep the Christmas decorations up or take them down by then? Always wanted to see a ship decorated, so I'm hoping they're still up -

Anybody know what RC does for New Year's Eve? Specifically, we're going to be on the Monarch on the 5 day New Year's sailing. Is it the formal night?
Should be.
All I've heard is that there's champagne in the lounges - anything else?
Lots of champagne. Decent, not fabulous. If you are not "real" champagne drinkers, you will find it fantastic.
What about New Year's Day - football? Parties? It's an "at sea" day so I was wondering if they have extra activities -
You should be vewwy vewwy vewwy quiet..........there will be many of your fellow passengers who are feeling somewhat the worse for wear! Be considerate! :D

Archived