New Availability on Legend 3/11-3/18

BrittaniMV

T.Bunny, if the hosting invites seem fuzzy, here’s how I thought it was all neatly accomplished.

They can’t invite all 208 passengers every night, there are maybe only 4-6 tables with 10-12 people each. But with their service savvy they can:

-skip those with Verandah reservations.

-skip friends who have already asked for their own table that night.

-skip those whose preferences are known from past experience.

-pay good attention to the singles.

-get around to each couple at least every couple of nights. We did not get invites every single day.

-quickly make alternate invitations when someone declines. We got some as late as 5-5:30 and went with them.

Then this nice, feel welcome, feature comes off smoothly.

As 7:00 to 7:30 was the most popular cocktail time in the Club the tables usually sat down right after 7:30. It was not our usual dining time but it seemed to actually fit in at about the right spacing from the daytime activities.

Bill

Although I think Two4Sea has got it right, I learned that the hosted table logic can also be somewhat mischevious-e.g., one night everyone at my table had last names beginning with the same letter. Another night, everyone had gone on the same excursion. When we figured that one out, we had a great time putting together imaginary hosted tables.

We have also got the 5-5:30 calls to join a hosted table. I think we only accepted once, as the other times we already had plans.

I'll agree that if you want to "go with the flow" - head to the Club around 7 and everyone usually trickles down to dinner by eight.

Although I think Two4Sea has got it right, I learned that the hosted table logic can also be somewhat mischevious-e.g., one night everyone at my table had last names beginning with the same letter. Another night, everyone had gone on the same excursion. When we figured that one out, we had a great time putting together imaginary hosted tables.

ohhhh I think you may be right! Never even thought of that one. One night we were on a table hosted by the Doctor and Nurse....ALL the guests were Aussies.......poor Doc seemed a bit shell shocked for a while! ...after all we DO speak a different language!(I think he got used to us in the end)

Archived