Century Sunset Verandas

esther e

Has anyone stayed in these? There are no photos or any information on the website and we'd like some information. Thanks in advance.

Esther

Hi Esther !

I have not stayed in a SV cabin, but I was able to take a look at them last week when I was onboard Century. From what I was able to see, I do not feel the cabins are any larger than a standard balcony cabin. However, the balconies appeared to be somewhat larger. You do get that great aft view though.

The only negatives I can see, is that there is a bar, music, and smokers right below these cabins. If any of that bothers you, it should affect your decision on whether to book the SV's or not.

I hope that helps a bit. Enjoy your Cruise !

Just got home today from Century. We had booked a sunset veranada for this cruise for my wife, and older son and myself. We thought the room was going to be larger. It was orginally stated to be 190sq. ft. Found out the room is the same size as any standard room 173sq. ft. Balconey was a nice size. The room also seemed to lack storage. It did not have the standard the night table which generally has two or three pull out draws. Instead there was a small cubby attached to the wall and no draw. Just fits the phone on top. Forget about placing your glasses or travel clock on that night stand and you could probably fit one standard size mans bathing suite in the cubby underneath. Fortunately Celebrity was great and allowed use to transfer to a sky suite on that floor for a small charge since the ship was not sold out. We had a great cruise and the new Century is great. Glad to answer any other questions you should have.

Archived