Intercontinental Miami

Madkitty

Madkitty,

I have stayed at the Intercontinental hotel. Its a really nice hotel along the lines of a hilton or westin. It's is on the water which make it nice because you can see the cruise ships when there docked. I like this hotel because you can walk to the bayside market. It's just a short walk and you can shop or have dinner at one of the restaurants there. The bayside market also has site seeing boat trips and all kinds of things to do. If you want to go to South Beach it's only a short cab away.

Have a great trip and I know you'll enjoy the hotel and it's surroundings.

Shan9700:)

Can anyone tell me what this hotel is like and whether its walking distance to the beach/shops etc? Any hints and tips also welcome for Miami x

The IC is a great hotel with close poximity to the Port. You are within walking distance to Bayside MArketplace where you can do some shopping or enjoy a nice meal in one of the many restaurans:

www.baysidemarketplace.com

The hotel is located right on Bay Biscayne but there is no beach access from here.

You would have to drive to Miami beach for beach access, which is about a 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic.

I also reccomend spending sometime in Coconut Grove which is about 20 minutes south from where you would be for a nice evening of walking around, people watching, dining or shopping. The financial district which is known as Brickell is also a few minutes away, with places to eat and get a drink.

We recently had a pre-cruise stay at the Intercontinetal at Bayside. It is a modern immaculate upscale hotel. Definetly in the Westin category for a 4* hotel. Taxi fare from the airport was a flat rate of $24 inc. toll. Taxi to the pier was $8 and to South Beach (News cafe for breakfast) $25 each way.

We asked for a room with a view of the port, non-smoking, and king. We arrived early (11 a.m.) and were allowed to check-in but no kings were available at that time. Our room with 2 Queens was perfect. Bellman service was speedy.

The walk to Bayside through the park is nice along the shore. It is only about 2 blocks to a Walgreens down Flagler St. if you need any last minute items.

Bon Voyage

Archived