Did you receive the cute gift box with dvd?

lulamc

I received a cute gift box from Carnival the other day with a card and dvd of their ships. Inside was a coupon code for a $100 on board credit if you booked by 12/31. I am booking today, but my husband through the coupon code away! If anyone else received this and you are not using it, would you please email it to me?

lynda_mckendree@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Yes I got it too. But it came from the old travel agent I use to use. She said if I book with them they will give me a $100.00 obc...... I have booked threw carnival myself but they didn't send it to me..

sorry didn't send me a code...

Carla

Well phooey...I got the nice little DVD..watched it a couple of times...dreamed about taking another cruise, but since we have one booked for February...DH said no way so I threw it away LAST WEEK...thennnnnnnnnnn he pulls a "female" move and changed his mind and I booked a cruise today for May:D but now I don't have the coupon anymore...what do you think the chances are I could still get the OBC?

How many cruises do you have to have to get oneee of these gifts?

From what I've read earlier, they appear to be at random. You could have been one CCL cruise and get one...or have been on 100 and not get one

I haven't gotten the Christmas card. But then I'm not too surprised. I haven't gotten an issue of Currents yet since my last cruise a year ago, and I have requested twice for the new brochure to be sent to me and nada.

Do you think the $100 OBC credit would be good if you booked with a group?

I got the dvd but no coupon inside :mad: . Just the regular sailings to be booked by December 31 with master card. It was sent by Carnival. Don't think everyone got this deal at all, I sure would have used it. I sail end of next month and looking at one in may too.

Here's the small print:

Offer is a $100 onboard credit per stateroom. Applies to any 6 day or longer 2007 cruise. A $50 onboard credit per stateroom will apply to 3, 4 & 5 day cruises. This letter must be presented at time of booking. Restrictions apply. Non-transferrable. Bookings must be made by 12-31-06. 1034

sharkman

I got the little dvd/card and the offer...thru my travel agent

Using past guest rate...the $100 is on top of that..

it was better for ME than the "12 days" sale...

I think it is from travel agents, so not sure those who have booked thru Carnival PVP's will get it?? hth

Darn. The Carnival PVP that I booked our last cruise through sent me a Carnival Christmas card that we got yesterday thanking us for the business but all he enclosed in it was 2 of his business cards! :( Too bad for him....I had even told him I was interesting in making another booking....maybe I'll look elsewhere.

it's obvious from the couple of threads on here that some people are even getting them from their TAs. in other words, you don't need to have used a PVP to get this offer. if you have a good TA who values your business (and in my case, the business of the 3 other customers i have referred to them!), they'll send it along if they have it. well, mine hasn't. so, i'm re-thinking who will get the business for my next booking!:rolleyes:

Darn. The Carnival PVP that I booked our last cruise through sent me a Carnival Christmas card that we got yesterday thanking us for the business but all he enclosed in it was 2 of his business cards! :( Too bad for him....I had even told him I was interesting in making another booking....maybe I'll look elsewhere.

I also got a Carnival Christmas card. I was very excited until I opened it and found my PVP's business cards!:(

We got one too..but has anyone had success in using them? We tried to book our 9.16.07 Valor cruise with them and were told that we couldn't get the $100 OBC because the cruise fare that was being offered was already a 'special' fare - which is odd because it was the standard rate on every website we checked - it wasn't listed/advertised as a 'special' rate.

:confused:

My DH tried calling Carnival 3 different times and got the same answer each time. Each PVP said they could charge us the 'standard' rate and then give us the OBC of $100...which didn't help us because the 'standard' rate was $549 and the 'special' rate was $449 - not much of a savings if you ask me! :rolleyes:

We ended up going with the lower rate, obviously...but now I'm wondering if we can call Carnival and try to get the OBC? Any advice?

Nicole

Jubilee 1996

Conquest 2002

Legend 2006

Valor 2007

Archived