Your favorite beach in St. Thomas

Brneyznfl

I'm having a really hard time deciding on a beach in St. Thomas for our cruise in Feb. We're looking for a nice beach where there are food/beverages ,beachchairs, restroom facilities etc. I know several beaches offer this but what's your favorite hands down?

I have been to st. thomas and both times went to meghans bay, but last year i had to go to trunk bay on st. johns it was amazing. this next jan cruise we are trying to also find a new and beautiful beach. i am researching coki and sapphire. Husband wants coki for the snorkel and i want the beach amenities so it looks like a cab to coki for the day. Hope this helps

I dont know which is my favorite beach yet. I have 3 weeks to decide which one to go to. I narrowed it down to Coki or Meagan's. Can't decide. We really don't snorkle but the water is supposed to be clearer in Coki. From pictures, Meagan's looks less crowded and prettier so I can't decide yet.

I heard through this site that the hotel at sapphire closed down. i was going to coki beacause they serve drinks on the beach and have food, restrooms etc. but if sapphire has this i will switch to sapphire. any info would be great thanks. felicia

megans bay is beautiful if i remember the shack on the beach has food and drink nothing elaborate. i want a beach that has a little more to offer this time. megans i hear and from the last i saw is unmaintained and not well taken care of anymore.

Hello,

The hotel at Sapphire never shut down. Only the beach front restaurant and the bar are closed. Everything else is open. The small store sells snacks, frozen food (has microwave to heat/cook it), sodas, water, beer.

Lauren - yes Magens Bay has a couple beach wait staff people that walk up and down the beach taking drink orders.

lvstocruise - Magens Bay is maintained, its a park with staff that cleans & monitors the beach daily. Why did you feel it wasn't maintained?

There is a good beach guide for St. Thomas at http://www.*****/stthomas/beaches_stt/, with photos and description of about 20 beaches. You might look through it and see if that helps you pick your favorites.

--Islander

Islander- I was at meghans two years in a row the first year it was beautiful the 2nd year everyone was upset by the amount of garbage and debris all over the beach. I am not a picky person at all, actually it did not bother me i just love the sun and need some warm water to jump into. Last year we did trunk bay, we want to stay on st. thomas this time around so since we did megans twice and trunk once we are trying to find the next best beach. So in your opinion is it Coki or Sapphire? Please help i am going nuts. I dont want to go to megans again as it would be my third time i just want to see a different beach this time. any info would be great. since u live there tell me the next best besides megans or trunk. thanks

Hello lvstocruise,

Thanks for the follow up on Magens. If Magens wasn't tidy the day you went it was an exception as its typically cleaned daily. Anyhoo, I agree that if you've been to Magens twice you should try another beach. ;) Sapphire is a nice choice. Also on the east end are Secret Harbor and Cowpet, you could consider those as well. On St. John, you could try Cinnamon Bay. Hawksnest is another nice choice, but you'd need to bring your own lunch/drinks.

--Islander

luvstocruise I've been to Secret Harbour twice and to Sapphire Beach once. I liked them both, but I think I liked Secret Harbour best because there is a wonderful restaurant there that serves great food and you can use their restroom facilities. We do not snorkle, but our daughter and son-in-law do and they said they saw quite a few interesting fish when they swam out and snorkled at Secret Harbour.

I just thought I would throw in my opinion. Islander helped us out about 2 years ago on Secret Harbour and we absolutely loved it and have been back just last year. I've been to Trunk Bay and also Meagan's Bay. All of these beaches are beautiful. It just depends on what you want to do. You can't go wrong with any one of them

Linda

We were at Magen's bay in Nov and it is beautiful. The water was great. There is food and drinks available and there are a couple of waitresses that serve you sitting on the beach (drinks). We really enjoyed it as it wasn't really crowded, the water was calm, warm and clear.

I would have to vote for Coki beach. I have been to St. Thomas many times and have driven by this beach many times but never spent any time here. We went to this beach in November and it was a great time, the water was great and the fish were numerous. The beach does get crowded so if you want something a little more quiet I would recommend Sapphire, but if you like to snorkel, I recommend Coki.

pkkraut,

It looks like you're sailing on the CB Feb. 11. So am I. Check out the roll call for that sailing. I'd love to pick your brain more about St. Thomas. I can't decide what beach to go to or what tour guide to use :confused: I'd love to see Magen's Bay--not a big snorkeler-- but I've heard there are going to 5 ships docked that day. I'm going to take either Sunny Liston or Henry Christophers tour for the day which will include some afternoon beach time. Just want to relax, have a drink and get some sun:) . Any feedback--anyone-- is welcome.

Elizabeth

I vote for Sapphire. It was really nice there with restrooms and snacks. The sand was white and powdery and the water was so pretty! IMO, Coki was ugly, as it was REALLY small and cramped & the sand wasn't as white. Sapphire is more spacious with more palm trees, etc. Magen's looked really nice and beautiful too from afar, but it was really crowded.

Archived