Junior Suite Sofa Beds

khm1

Can anyone tell me about the sofa beds on Voyager class Junior Suite cabins? We are booked on the Adventure in Feb. We are 2 parents traveling with 2 boys: 9 & 11. Will they fit comfortably? We have cruised on 2 Radiance class ships and had a D-1 category cabin. They both had an upper berth over a double-sized sofa bed. The kids fought over the upper berth. The sofa bed was definately more comfortable on one side of it than the other. You had to lay on it along the length of the sofa instead of having your head by the back cushion. The sofa cushion itself pulled out to form the bed; there was not a mattress like normal sofa beds. Are the sofa beds on Adventure like this? I am wondering if I should take a small air matress for one of the boys to sleep on. They normally sleep in the same bed well. But they are getting bigger.....Any thoughts?:confused:

The beds are more like futons than a true sofa bed. If you can fit an air mattress in with all your stuff, one boy could sleep on the sofa and the other on the floor. I don't know how much room you'd have if the sofa was opened, tho--the JS is spacious, but there is other furniture in the "sofa" space!

Would definately take the air mattress...our 6 y.o. niece barely fit on the couch....we pushed the large matching chair and ottoman up next to it for more room each night..... neither couch in the 2 JSs we had in July ( NOS 1240 and 1244) folded out and they are about 2/3 size your normal sofa sleeper in length... this would probably be too small for your two boys.... BTW the OS we had in August had 2 large couches, one of which was queen sleeper:)

Have a great time!

We were on the Mariner last week and our JS sleeper sofa folded out to the size of a double bed. Our 2 year old CJ, and often for short spurts my husband when CJ got restless slept on it. Should be fine for 2 boys. It's quite firm though so if they like softer beds you might want to ask for the egg-crate pad.

We were on the AOS in March 2006. Had a JS - I think it was 9580. We had our 2 children, ages 16 & 17. My daughter (16) and I slept on the sofa bed - it was not comfortable. Our feet hung over the end and it was hard. But, I think that 2 children that are small would be fine on it. We did ask for a roll-away bed (twice - just in case Alberto changed his mind!) We were told no roll-away from JS -

The JS was really nice and Alberto was great!

The sofa bed wasn't the same size as a sofa bed you would probably have at home. It's smaller in length. But, it is a double I would say. The bed doesn't pull out like a regular sofa bed - it kinda folds over and makes more of a platform than a bed. With the 4 of us traveling again on 1/11/07, I got the connecting D1's. My only complaint about the AOS cruise was the darn sofa bed.

If the line booked 4 people into that particular room then surely the sofa bed has to be a double sofa if there isn't an upper berth. They wouldn't book you in a triple room as a quad party, would they??

It definately sleeps 4; How comfortably, I don't know. We have an ajoining D-1 with my parents. If worse comes to worst, they could pull out the sleeper sofa in their room for one of the kids. I don't think the ship staff would object to that arrangement. Although, I think it would be a source of arguments between the boys over which one would have to go in the grandparent's room.

If I take a small air mattress, wil I be able to get sheets and a blanket? Will my cabin attendant provide these? I'm sure that giving a nice cash tip might help.

On the Explorer the JS has plenty of room for a sofa bed open AND an air mattress, you would just have to push the 2 chairs and coffee table out of the way by the wall of cabinets. The closet is a walkin with more than enough storage also and we never even used all the other cabinets available and there is a whole wall full of them. Under our bed was extra pillows and blankets also that we never used and I'm sure you can ask for any bedding you may need from your steward. I requested feather pillows and they brought more than enough right way. We did see a steward bringing an eggcrate in for a sofa bed in another JS by us for the sofa bed so you can just ask for one of those too and avoid bring the air mattress.:)

i slept on the sofa in a D1 recently, i am a large person and I asked for an egg crate matt to be put on first thing but there weren't any Steward said. He put 2 of the new duvets under the sheets and it was heaven to sleep on. I'm sure 2 small children will be comfy. The couch was a 3 seater. The Steward put the coffee table in the wardrobe at night. The D1 was a bit of a squeeze with 3 women,the JS will be much roomier.After all the fresh air and exercise they will flake out! :D

It definately sleeps 4; How comfortably, I don't know. We have an ajoining D-1 with my parents. If worse comes to worst, they could pull out the sleeper sofa in their room for one of the kids. I don't think the ship staff would object to that arrangement. Although, I think it would be a source of arguments between the boys over which one would have to go in the grandparent's room.

We had the double sofa beds in our rooms and they were standard size double sofa beds as far as I could tell. They were certainly larger than the twin beds in the room. 2 kids would fit just fine on the ones we had.

Just got off Mariner yesterday. We were in a JS, it was only two of us so we didn't use sofa bed, but it is DEFINITELY NOT a standard size. If you can take air mattress or get rollaway your kids will be much happier. And there is definitely room for both in a JS, it is very roomy.

Archived