Just Home From The Beautiful Volendam!

EngineerDel

HAL just keeps getting better folks!

We just returned home from the 12/3 thru 12/13 Volendam cruise. Absolutely spectacular! Got the chance to meet all the CC'ers with the "FUZZY SLIPPERS" Group. This was our second cruise on the Volendam in 12 months and HAL just never ceases to amaze me.

We,ve only been home for a few hours and several reviews have been written already. And I'm sure there will be several others in the next few days. So, I will not spend a lot of time writing. As the old saying goes: a "picture is worth a thousand words." Therefore, if you want to get a taste of what life is all about on the Volendam, just take a browse at the "picture show" on my site. (Especially the Pinnacle Grill and Half Moon Cay). What a trip! See for yourself. Let me know what you think.

These are just a few of the 350 pictures taken by my wife. And I took many videos as well. Thanks again to JimVrhovac and his lovely wife for getting the group together. It was a BLAST! :)

EngineerDel.dotphoto.com (see "My Shows" December 3, 2006)

Del

I am so glad you had such a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Volendam. We have always enjoyed all our cruises with HAL, especially the Volendam.

Now, back to reality!!!!!

I was unable to open your pictures, I'd love to see them.

I finally got to see those pictures, they were fantastic. Everyone looked so nice all dressed up. I saw the picture of the Chocolate Volcano cake, made me hungry!!!! And Half Moon Cay, looks like you had an absolutely beautiful day there.

I just left your photo sight. Wow! Great pics!! I'm in the breakroom at work right now (on lunch break) and one of my co-workers was amazed at the beach on HMC. I told him that now he see why I'm always raving about HMC and why he need to take a cruise.

The Volendam was my second choice for a ten day cruise, but the Maasdam won out due to the ports.

Can't wait for your full review!!

sswitenki:

Sometimes that site requires you to type this:

http://EngineerDel.dotphoto.com

Try it and let me know

Del

Del,

This link worked for me. Thanks for sharing your photos. Makes me want to go back; especially the photos of Half Moon Cay.:D It was a pleasure cruising with you and your friends.

Kathy

billsrobb:

Did you finally get to see the pictures?

Try this!

www.EngineerDel.dotphoto.com

Then click on the 'My Shows" tab.

And finally click the little box under the center picture. (Dec. 3, 2006)

Hope this works, and thanks for the interest.

Del

I am sorry to say that I could not find the phot's. I registered and then tried to find Def , 2006 with no luck. Must be me as I see other people had ndo problems.

Robb

billsrobb:

I'm still trying to find out why you can't pull up the pictures.

Try this:

http://engineerdel.dotphoto.com/Gues...sp?AID=3812583

Place your cursor on the picture entitled Volendam 12/3 and you will see

"See Shows, See Album, etc.

If your computer won't allow you to "See Shows", then perhaps it will allow you to "See Albums." But you won't be able to hear the music.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what's wrong.

Del

SSwitenki:

Happy you were finally able to see the pictures. Perhaps you can tell "billsrobb" how you finally got to view them. Maybe the two of you were having the same problem.

One other person was having problems and discovered that he had not upgraded his "Micro-media player" program. Once he did that, (takes only about 2 minutes) he could see and hear the picture show fine.

Thanks

Del

Hi Mimi:

The pleasure was all ours. On all of our HAL cruises, we have always met the NICEST people, you included. Perhaps we WILL meet again on some future HAL cruise ship. In fact, at this moment, we are looking at all HAL ships sailing next December. Hopefully we will be on one of them. The Veendam 14-night Southern Caribbean looks awfully attractive right now but we won't decide until about February.

Thanks for viewing the pictures. We still have visions of Half Moon Cay and the Sky-Blue Cabana. What a wonderful cruise!

Thanks again and it was REALLY nice weeting you.

Del & Merlyn

Del

billsrobb:

I'm still trying to find out why you can't pull up the pictures.

Try this:

http://engineerdel.dotphoto.com/Gues...sp?AID=3812583

Place your cursor on the picture entitled Volendam 12/3 and you will see

"See Shows, See Album, etc.

If your computer won't allow you to "See Shows", then perhaps it will allow you to "See Albums." But you won't be able to hear the music.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what's wrong.

Del

Del:

Thanks for your extra help in trying to see your pictures. I was finally able to log on and see them and they are great as everyone else has been saying.

Thanks for your help as it is truly appreciated.

Robb

In fact, at this moment, we are looking at all HAL ships sailing next December. Hopefully we will be on one of them.

Hey dude!:)

I started pricing 3 seperate cruises for next December. The Volendam- (Panama Canal, which holds no interest for me, but Dom might enjoy), the Amsterdam and the Masdam..... all 10 nighters. (14 nights is a bit much for us with animals and Dom's 92 year old mom)

Prices really seemed to shoot up. Quite a bit more than what we paid for this past cruise. Do you suppose that prices will drop, Del? I'm hoping so, and that it happens quickly. I'm particular about cabin location, so like to book early.;)

Archived