Member who lives in St.Lucia

caribbeandiva

Thank you so much, Denyse, for your answer. May I ask another....do you think Bagshaws sells the batik fabric by the yard? I'm not looking for clothing, just the fabric for making into quilting projects.

Again, thank you so much for any info.

Joyce :D

Hi Joyce,

You will have to go to Caribelle Batik for fabric as Bagshaws does not sell the raw fabric..fortunately Caribelle is also in the Castries area so a cab ride there should not be too expensive.

Cheers Denyse.

Hi Denyse - The tour we want to go on goes to Pigeon Island, Caribelle Batik and Reduit Beach. You're already mentioned Caribelle and the beach, what can you tell me about Pigeon Island. Thanks so much.

Cathy

We understand that there may be a resort in St. Lucia has one of their beaches designated 'clothing optional'.

Could you comment on this, as to where to access it, cost, etc. We don't care if it is croweded or not, as long as it is clothing optional, and is available to cruisers without an expensive day pass type of thing. We can understand a nominal charge, but from what we read, there is no bar or bar service their, so paying an all inclusive type charge would be unreasonable since you are mostly paying for the food and booze.

Thanks,

CaribbeanDiva, thanks so much for taking the time to help us!! Per JanT's post, I am interested in the sail to Soufriere, snorkeling and a brief land tour, especially if it includes the rainforest or gardens. You said you knew of one called "Carnival", can you send their contact info? And any other company that might offer this? Thanks so much!

Hi Denyse - The tour we want to go on goes to Pigeon Island, Caribelle Batik and Reduit Beach. You're already mentioned Caribelle and the beach, what can you tell me about Pigeon Island. Thanks so much.

Cathy

Hi cathy, Pigeon Island is a Fort. This is the home of the famous St. Lucia Jazz Festival. There is a smal museum where you can learn about the island's history and if you are adventurous and fit, you can attempt to climb the fort, you will be rewarded with stunning views of neighbouring Martinique and well as St. Lucia. There is also a smal restaurant and some decent snorkeling right off the beach at Pigeon island.

Denyse.

We understand that there may be a resort in St. Lucia has one of their beaches designated 'clothing optional'.

Could you comment on this, as to where to access it, cost, etc. We don't care if it is croweded or not, as long as it is clothing optional, and is available to cruisers without an expensive day pass type of thing. We can understand a nominal charge, but from what we read, there is no bar or bar service their, so paying an all inclusive type charge would be unreasonable since you are mostly paying for the food and booze.

Thanks,

I don't know of any clothing optional beaches here.

Sorry,

Denyse.

CaribbeanDiva, thanks so much for taking the time to help us!! Per JanT's post, I am interested in the sail to Soufriere, snorkeling and a brief land tour, especially if it includes the rainforest or gardens. You said you knew of one called "Carnival", can you send their contact info? And any other company that might offer this? Thanks so much!

Carnival Sailings 758 452 5586, or 458 2369 or 453 7895.

Hello All and thanks for the inquiries and concern. No, we did not sustain heavy damage from Ivan. There were some homes affected in the Southern portion of the island as well as the East Coast, but overall the damage was minimal.

On the other hand my sister who lives in Grenada did not fare so well, she lost everything and watch her bed fly away when her roof flew off..She's alive and well thank God but the devastation in Grenada is incalculable. That island is in shambles.

Denyse.

Hello cd... I too need would love your advice of what to do when we are in St.Lucia on Nov 4. I am traveling with 4 adults and 4 boys aging 10 -14yrs.

We would like to see volcanoe and then relax on a beach and do some snorkeling. Should be find a taxi when we get off the ship to take us to volcano or do you know of tour group? and what beach is good? thanks so much ...

Donna

hello carribbeandiva,

What to do with 4 adults 4 children (10_14) ? We were thinking of seeing the volcano/ rainforest and the rest of the island and then relaxing on a beach. Who should we tour with? and which beach is best...also maybe some snorkeling or waterfalls?

thanks so much

Hi Denyse:

I am a first-time cruiser and will be stopping in St. Lucia on Tuesday, Oct. 19. I have heard that Cosol offers a really good tour, including the waterfall, volcano, botanical garden, marigot bay, fishing villages, banana plantations, etc. for $30 per person. Do you know him and/or do you recommend his tour for someone who only has one day on your beautiful island? If not, what would be our best bet. We will be doing BOB on St. Thomas and SNUBA on Barbados, so beaching is not a top priority. I appreciate your input. Thanks.

Hi Denyse:

I am a first-time cruiser and will be stopping in St. Lucia on Tuesday, Oct. 19. I have heard that Cosol offers a really good tour, including the waterfall, volcano, botanical garden, marigot bay, fishing villages, banana plantations, etc. for $30 per person. Do you know him and/or do you recommend his tour for someone who only has one day on your beautiful island? If not, what would be our best bet. We will be doing BOB on St. Thomas and SNUBA on Barbados, so beaching is not a top priority. I appreciate your input. Thanks.

Wow, for 30.00 he's giving you alot. I don't know Cosal, but he sure is highly reccomended on these boards so I,d say trust your fellow cruisers. From what you have outlined the deal is great because he is covering all the spots on the island worth seeing, my favourite being Marigot Bay..

Tr

Hello cd... I too need would love your advice of what to do when we are in St.Lucia on Nov 4. I am traveling with 4 adults and 4 boys aging 10 -14yrs.

We would like to see volcanoe and then relax on a beach and do some snorkeling. Should be find a taxi when we get off the ship to take us to volcano or do you know of tour group? and what beach is good? thanks so much ...

Donna

Hi Donna,

Why don't you call Carnival sailings? Their contacts are listed in a thread higher up on this page. They leave from a marina which is about 3 minutes from where you dock and its an all day excursion to Soufriere which covers the volcano, the Botanical gardens, lunch and snorkeling..You leave about 8.30 -9.00am and return about 4.00pm..see if this works for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All and thanks for the inquiries and concern. No, we did not sustain heavy damage from Ivan. There were some homes affected in the Southern portion of the island as well as the East Coast, but overall the damage was minimal.

On the other hand my sister who lives in Grenada did not fare so well, she lost everything and watch her bed fly away when her roof flew off..She's alive and well thank God but the devastation in Grenada is incalculable. That island is in shambles.

Denyse.

Denyse, Sure glad to hear you and your beautiful Island survived Ivan, but very sorry to hear of your sister's loss and devastation on the Island of Grenada. Hope she is doing ok.

Your replies/comments on this thread have been very helpful. Thank You for all your suggestions.

Don from Rhode Island ... USA

Carribbeandiva -

Hi! I'm asking your advise as we are on the Disney Magic (family of 4 2 adults and 2 kids 11 & 15) arriving at 9:30am on 12/23/04 and are hoping to have a quick private morning tour of St. Lucia because we are planning an afternoon cruise on the Unicorn which leaves at 1:15pm. Can you recommend the sights we should see on a private tour or taxi in that amount of time (about 3 hours)? Is it possible to go to the volcano/botanical gardens and maybe a city or 2? I know we would not be able to see everything in depth, but we would like a taste of St. Lucia.

thanks - we're looking forward to hearing your expert advise soon!

Melissa

Carribbeandiva -

Hi! I'm asking your advise as we are on the Disney Magic (family of 4 2 adults and 2 kids 11 & 15) arriving at 9:30am on 12/23/04 and are hoping to have a quick private morning tour of St. Lucia because we are planning an afternoon cruise on the Unicorn which leaves at 1:15pm. Can you recommend the sights we should see on a private tour or taxi in that amount of time (about 3 hours)? Is it possible to go to the volcano/botanical gardens and maybe a city or 2? I know we would not be able to see everything in depth, but we would like a taste of St. Lucia.

thanks - we're looking forward to hearing your expert advise soon!

Melissa

Hi Melissa!

3 hours is not enough time to see the volcano and Soufriere as it will take you that long to go and return! Since your Brig Unicorn/Pirate Ship tour is already in the north why don't you do the Pigeon Island Historic Tour? You will learn about the history of St. Lucia and climb the fort if you are fit and snorkel all at Pigeon island, plus there is a small restaurant for refreshments. If you are a beach person, you could try ReduitBeach or Choc Bay both very nice. Let me know what you decide.

Denyse.:)

I visited St. Lucia in July 2003 while on Adventure of the Seas. St. Lucia was our FAVORITE PORT. It is BEAUTIFUL! Unfortunately, there is a lot of poverty on the island (with the exception of the tourists and the hotels that accomodate them). We did NOT book a private tour or a tour with the cruise ship.

When we stepped off the ship, a local man carrying a poster approached us. We said he could offer us a tour that the ship couldn't match. It did seem like a great deal (and it was). For 60 per person we got to see the Marigot Bay, bat cave, "drive-in" volcano, waterfall & spring, and a scenic tour of the island by boat and car. We were dropped off at Anse Chatanet for time on our own. We ate lunch at the outside restaurant & snorkeled at the hotel's snorkeling area. Lovely full-day tour with 'Peter the Great' and 2 other couples. We tipped him well.

Archived