Miami Pre-stay

Kiagirl

Hi everyone,

I have been reading on here a lot lately, as my co-worker who pointed it out to me advises, it is very addictive.

We are staying in Miami for one night pre-cruise on January 20. I have been searching priceline and haven't had an acceptance on a bid up to $145 for a 3* and up. After reading all the others that have accepted bids, it sounds like there is something going on in Miami that weekend that is jacking up the price?

I am just concerned because I like everything in place before I go, and there is only just over a month left. I guess what I am asking, other than if there is an event going on that weekend, is if I should keep trying and wait a bit longer, or just go ahead and book something because they may be sold out.

The other thing, we aren't arriving into the airport until 7 pm, so don't anticipate realistically to get to the hotel before 8 pm. What is going to be open? I have read in other threads the Walgreens closes early, what about the restaurants/shops in Bayside? I have been really looking forward to some Bubba Gumps, so looking for info on that specifically as well :)

Hi everyone,

I have been reading on here a lot lately, as my co-worker who pointed it out to me advises, it is very addictive.

We are staying in Miami for one night pre-cruise on January 20. I have been searching priceline and haven't had an acceptance on a bid up to $145 for a 3* and up. After reading all the others that have accepted bids, it sounds like there is something going on in Miami that weekend that is jacking up the price?

I am just concerned because I like everything in place before I go, and there is only just over a month left. I guess what I am asking, other than if there is an event going on that weekend, is if I should keep trying and wait a bit longer, or just go ahead and book something because they may be sold out.

The other thing, we aren't arriving into the airport until 7 pm, so don't anticipate realistically to get to the hotel before 8 pm. What is going to be open? I have read in other threads the Walgreens closes early, what about the restaurants/shops in Bayside? I have been really looking forward to some Bubba Gumps, so looking for info on that specifically as well :)

Most places downtown do close early. Like the Macys downtown closes at 8PM, even on weekends. However bayside stays open longer. You can check out the hours and more information at:

www.baysidemarketplace.com

The restaurants stay open until at least 11:00 or 12:00 like most restaraunts. You can also drive about 5 minutes south of Downtown to brickell for more restaurants and there is also a Walgreens which is open 24 hours. I live in Brickell so I can guarantee you can find something open.

only just over a month left. I guess what I am asking, other than if there is an event going on that weekend, is if I should keep trying and wait a bit longer, or just go ahead and book something because they may be sold out.

The other thing, we aren't arriving into the airport until 7 pm, so don't ..................

Kiagirl,

Priceline's name your own price really works better the closer to your planned stay that you are. If it were me, I'd wait until less than one month or even up until the first week of January to go higher on my bid.

I agree that waiting until after Christmas might be the best plan. Most hotels that have blocks of rooms held for Superbowl, will release them 30 days out. You may also rethink your evening plans. A hotel near the airport might be your best bet for that night stay. Forget about seeing Bayside or shopping before you sail.

Bon Voyage

We booked a rewards night at the Intercontinental a couple of months ago for January 20. I would think that if there were any big events for that weekend, or that if the hotel was filling up that weekend, we wouldn't have gotten a free night 4 months out. We also bought our air around that time and paid about what I'd expect to pay for that time of year. With the Super Bowl being two weekends away, it may not draw too many tourists on our weekend, so I don't think that's a factor.

I suggest booking something doesn't require a deposit or that allows refunds up to 2-3 days prior to your stay. Then you are free to attempt to get a Priceline room with no pressure. If you can get a better hotel at a decent price through Priceline, just cancel your reservation.

Archived