Aft Cabin - Explorer to Canada/New England in 07

RareBird

hello all, we booked an aft cabin for a Canada/New England trip in September on Explorer. First, i read posts on this board saying how great aft cabins are, so I'm looking forward to the experience.

I have a few questions.. seems like this is the first trip for explorer to Canada, is that true? I could not find any 2006 reviews of this trip.

This aft cabin is not a corner aft, but one in the middle, am I sacrificing too much to be in it vs. a regular balcony cabin? Want to hear opinions of those who traveled in aft cabins before.

btw, the cabin on the other side, same deck, is also available, 8392... any reason to take that one? Our travel agent says the port side is better.

Explorer Aft Cabin 8692

PS... please recommend excursions!

hello all, we booked an aft cabin for a Canada/New England trip in September on Explorer. First, i read posts on this board saying how great aft cabins are, so I'm looking forward to the experience.

I have a few questions.. seems like this is the first trip for explorer to Canada, is that true? I could not find any 2006 reviews of this trip.

This aft cabin is not a corner aft, but one in the middle, am I sacrificing too much to be in it vs. a regular balcony cabin? Want to hear opinions of those who traveled in aft cabins before.

btw, the cabin on the other side, same deck, is also available, 8392... any reason to take that one? Our travel agent says the port side is better.

Explorer Aft Cabin 8692

And does your TA say *why* "port is better"?

It's not. Some times the ship pulls in one way, some times the other.

We did this general itinerary on the Voyager and on the Enchantment, and the Voyager is sister ship to Explorer. We've also cruised twice on the Explorer in the Caribbean. On all three Voyager class cruises, we were in 7688/7388.

Just wanted you to know my "aft" and "voyager class" "credentials". :)

You have a GREAT cabin for this itinerary. You get a wonderful view of the islands and lighthouses and coast line as you depart from the Canadian and New England ports. It really doesn't matter which of the two cabins (that you mentioned) you choose. Neither is truly port or starboard anyway.

Keep asking about anything you want to know. Or email me. This name, america online.

Explorer Aft Cabin 8692

we have 8390 and 8392 booked for march this year eastern cant wait i have heard good things about these cabins have you looked at the pictures for these cabins http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1062812149036355651pDHkhu just scroll through :) great views

You mentioned excursions. Look for the photography tour... I can't remember if it was in St John or Portland. My cousin was intimidated about signing up for it because she is a beginning digital photographer. We went, and it was fantastic!! The "tour guide" is a professional photographer, and he tells you the historical background of places in the area, takes his digital picture, and gives you tips on taking your own. There were all photography levels represented, and he was as attentive to the newbies as those with expensive mega-lenses. I just wish every port had a similar excursion.

~Marsha

You mentioned excursions. Look for the photography tour... I can't remember if it was in St John or Portland. My cousin was intimidated about signing up for it because she is a beginning digital photographer. We went, and it was fantastic!! The "tour guide" is a professional photographer, and he tells you the historical background of places in the area, takes his digital picture, and gives you tips on taking your own. There were all photography levels represented, and he was as attentive to the newbies as those with expensive mega-lenses. I just wish every port had a similar excursion.

~Marsha

ty ty! I love my digital camera and take shots all the time. I'd love this kind of a tour. We've already been to Newport many times, so i'm not interested in mansions (already seen all of them at least 3 times each, more for Breakers). My favorite part of Newport is the highway that goes around town and next to the water... that one's great. there are plenty of spaces to stop and look at the ocean - and the houses along the coastline are very beautiful.

And does your TA say *why* "port is better"?

It's not. Some times the ship pulls in one way, some times the other.

We did this general itinerary on the Voyager and on the Enchantment, and the Voyager is sister ship to Explorer. We've also cruised twice on the Explorer in the Caribbean. On all three Voyager class cruises, we were in 7688/7388.

Just wanted you to know my "aft" and "voyager class" "credentials". :)

You have a GREAT cabin for this itinerary. You get a wonderful view of the islands and lighthouses and coast line as you depart from the Canadian and New England ports. It really doesn't matter which of the two cabins (that you mentioned) you choose. Neither is truly port or starboard anyway.

Keep asking about anything you want to know. Or email me. This name, america online.

TA only said port is better. I've been on port and starboard in Bermuda, and truthfully, both are beautiful in their own way. You get a nice city view or you get a stunning water view (it's quieter too).

Cabins 7688/7388 are nice, but already booked. they have that side window, correct?

How about privacy, is it really bad? I like to get in my bathrobe on the balcony, is that OK with people looking down? I really don't think it should be a problem.

I know it's 9 months ahead, but i'm very excited.

Archived