***HELP Port to ft lauderdale airport????

THERAPYCRUISE

I cannot imagine any reason to take the cruise line shuttle buses. A taxi from FLL to the pier will cost you about $15 total (for up to 4 people) and you will be at the pier (less than a 10 min drive) while shuttle passengers are still waiting on their shuttle bus for a full load. There is an organized taxi cue right outside the luggage area, and you can practically see the port from the airport.

Hank

I cannot imagine any reason to take the cruise line shuttle buses. . A taxi from FLL to the pier will cost you about $15 total (for up to 4 people) and you will be at the pier (less than a 10 min drive) .......

The poster was asking about transportation from Port of Miami to FLL :rolleyes:

Don't bother with the cruise line tranfers..they take too long. Grab a cab OR approach one of those shared van rides that is ready to go and has room. I think we paid $6. each for the ride and took it because she was ready to drive away at that moment. We only took the shared van because is literally right in front of us...otherwise it would have been a cab.

I think we paid around $60-$65. (2 people) to go from Miami to FLL. That was over a year ago, so I don't know the current prices.

Current taxi prices $75-$85

Don't bother with the cruise line tranfers..they take too long. Grab a cab OR approach one of those shared van rides that is ready to go and has room. I think we paid $6. each for the ride and took it because she was ready to drive away at that moment. We only took the shared van because is literally right in front of us...otherwise it would have been a cab.

There is no way a shared ride van costs on $6 from Port of Miami to FLL. Where did you come up with that rate? The original poster is looking for the cheapest way from Port of Miami to FLL. A taxi is not the cheapest way. I'm not a fan of cruiseline shuttles but for what the poster is seeking it's the best value. :rolleyes:

We are using Princess transfer from Port Everglades to Miami airport for 15.00 per person.

I am not a fan of cruiseline transfers, either, but I felt these would be less than a taxi fare. We return on Super Bowl Sunday, and taxis may be a hassle!

Happy sailing,

Mary Jo

We were at the port at Everglades on Saturday after our cruise, and I saw a lot of Greyhound buses there, dont know what they were doing there.

I assume that the cheapest way to travel will be on a transit bus and I saw them frequent the port terminal as well.

Perhaps do a search for the local transit system it will be the cheapest option although I think you will need to transfer somewhere between your destinations.

We used the Hollywood beach bus service, south of FLL airport, to go on a bit of a joyride/sightseeing trip the day we arrived in FLL and it rained, the fare was $1 and it took us all the way down to a part of north Maimi, very affordable indeed.

Depending on how many you are it may make sense to rent a car and drive it. I took a cab from Aventura (10 miles south of FLL) to the port and it cost me over $50 incl. tip. My guess is that it would be $65 to FLL from the port of Miami. I rented from Alamo to get from the port to PBI - free shuttle to the lot from the port and the car ran me $35, $.50 toll and $5 gas.

Archived