HAL first in cruise value

obriendan

Here are the 2006 "Best Cruise Value" Awards from the World Ocean & Cruise Liner Society:

1) Holland America

2) Carnival Cruise Lines

3) Regent Seven Seas Cruises

4) Crystal Cruises

5) Celebrity Cruises

6) Windstar Cruises

7) Norwegian Cruise Line

8) Royal Caribbean

9) Discovery World Cruises

10) Princess Cruises

We've always felt this to be true!:)

No doubt, that's the main reason to my HAL loyalty. ;)When it comes to the specials, usually last minute flash fares, HAL can't be beat for what you get. And they have a very fair single suppliment.

Mark....

You can't do better anywhere on single supplements than with HAL ... unless, of course, you move up to the luxury lines ... and then you're paying double for the base fare.

If it weren't for HAL, I probably would not be able to afford to cruise ... unless, of course, I could always find someone to share the cabin with ... and that's not always the best alternative either.

Blue skies ...

--rita

While interesting, I'm not sure how much credence to place in this rather subjective "best value" rating. What criteria did they use to determine "value"? :confused: Having sailed many of the lines, I seriously question Crystal's high rating (although we love Crystal) -- after all, they have only two ships, and often they're not full. On the other hand, Oceania, with its three ships, is pretty much booked full at least a year in advance; obviously, the many repeat Oceania cruisers must feel that they're receiving outstanding "value", and yet they're not even listed on the top ten.

Again, I'm not in any way denigrating HAL's high rating (since we're about to embark on our first HAL cruise). I'm anxious to judge for myself the perceived value of HAL compared with the other lines on which we've sailed.

Mike

Just opinions, but if you happen to share it then you feel very smart, if not then you think the poll is skewed. Either way its' fun to consider. Value is too nebulous a category to claim right or wrong. If they had an article on longest or fastest or oldest then it would be difficult to argue and not a good discussion starter...but best value, now there is something that we all think we know and usually it is based on something quite different than another critics. Fodder...

I don't know if HAL is the best. I've never been on any other line and am not inclined to. We are taking our 9th HAL cruise in Feb. and we are totally satisfied. We've been afraid to try another. We figure if you're happy with what you have why change?

I think HAL is a very good value for the money. We are always in an "S" so we aren't paying insignificant sums but feel we have always 'gotten our money's worth'.

HAL always has that as a question on their comment sheets. How good a value for your money do you consider your cruise to have been? We have always checked a '9'.

When I read the prices for some of the other cruise lines, knowing they do not do many of the things we value as well as HAL does them, we feel we pay a fair price for what we receive.

Interesting...

what is value; how do you measure it; what I value may not be what someone else values...

Having been on several cruiselines in the past, I agree, HAL is a great deal for what you get. Simply, I believe, that the services (overall) HAL provides are a great value for your $$$ spent. This is why I am becoming a loyal HAL cruiser.;)

Archived