Royal Caribbean Changed our Hotel??????

Riba

We were scheduled to stay at the InterContinental in Miami, and we were very happy with this choice. We just received notification from RC that we are now staying at the Hyatt Regency. Needless to say we are not to thrilled since we have not heard too many good things about this hotel. We wanted to be near Bayside Market Place, and I guess we won't be near it now. Can anyone give me some info on this hotel????? Thanks!

The Hyatt is still a top rated downtown area hotel. It is not as close to walk to Bayside, but it is not that difficult to walk or take the peoplemover during the day to get there. Even Priceline, also has Hyatt as a 4 star property.

Did you inquire of RCI why you were switched since you indicate your knew you were "booked" at IC? You didn't mention when you are sailing or going to be in Miami. If it is at the end of January beginning of February, you are running into Superbowl weekend and most major hotels is Miami are totally booked/blocked for the events; news media, fans, stars, players, etc.

Happy Holidays and Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

We were booked at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Miami and RCCL moved us to the Sheraton Miami Mart for Jan 5, 2007. We also do not know why we were moved. We were satisfied with the Hyatt since it is close to Bayside and the pier. We have stayed there many times and it is a very nice hotel.

Is anyone familiar with the Sheraton Miami Mart? If so, please share your comments as to what to expect on this property.

I think something is fishy with IC in Miami. We're booked there for March 31 and April 1, three rooms. I got a call from them two weeks ago asking for my fax number because they had something they had to fax to me. When I asked what it was, they said it had to do with some changes at the hotel. I asked if there were renovations that would be going on when we're going to be there and they said, "oh no, we just want to inform you of some new and exciting changes taking place at the hotel." Well, turns out the "new and exciting changes," were that they increased my room rate from $108/night to $157/night. When I called to complain, they said it was actually changed to $349/night. I had a fit. They told me the rates went up. I told them "bull, that rate was guaranteed with a credit card, I have a printed confirmation, you can't just increase it." I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told none was available. I told them that if my rate was not reduced back to the original rate by the end of business that day, I would report them to their corporate guest relations office in Charleston, S.C., for illegal practices (I'm not sure if it is illegal or not, but I threatened anyway). By the end of the day, the rate was changed back to the original rate. I printed out the confirmation and will be sure to have it in hand when we check in.

Maybe RCI is running into problems with them as well?

Last Christmas, for a cruise out of Galveston I booked the Hyatt in downtown Houston through RCCL. Well, first they changed it to the Houston Intercontinental (which I wasn't happy about since we were flying into Hobby). Before I could call to cancel, they changed that one to the Doubletree Intercontinental. When I called to cancel, they told me that the Doubletree was in the same area as the hotel I had booked and was the same class so they were within their rights to change the hotel. I had to pay a cancellation fee (it was 2 weeks before the cruise) but I still was able to save money because I caught a special through Starwood for a Westin hotel.

If you haven't reached final payment yet, you can cancel the hotel without penalty and book on your own (just make sure you can get your own first). If you are past final payment date, you can cancel but you will have to pay a cancellation fee (in our case it was $99) AND since you are talking about Miami in the next 2 months you might have a hard time finding a hotel room, much less one at a decent rate due to the Super Bowl.

Archived