3 person cabin

Trumpeter

A balcony cabin works for me. When my wife and I take my mother in law along. This way she or I don't have to dress in the small bathrooms. While one is dressing the other just relaxs on the balcony.

Whoa...scared me for a minute.... I thought you were going to say:

"A balcony cabin works for me. When my wife and I take my mother in law along. This way she gets on my nerves.....off she goes" :D

My mind just racing tonight, 8 days till on the boat.

3 in a cabin will be tight. ;) I vote for the JS.

I did it with my sister and a GF, Navigator D 2 cabin. It really wasn't a problem for us, plenty of storage and you know how we girls like to pack!

If there is a fold out couch in say an E or D category cabin, the couch will take up all the floor space when folded out, making it difficult to get to the potty in the middle of the night. A standard inside or OV triple will most likely have an upper pullman.

A balcony cabin on any kind will give you an added space, so someone can be out on the balcony while the another gets ready.

Sharing the bathroom will be a challenge. With that said, use the spa showers and bathrooms if needed.

Last but not least....its a cruise, not living together forever. One week is doable! Your cabin will be used mostly sleeping, showering, dressing ect.

Godd luck and have fun planning.

My husband and I often cruise with my Mom since my Dad passed away. Since it's too much for her to pay the Single Supplement for her own cabin, we share a cabin. But...we never go smaller than a JS....to have a "little" privacy anyway for both of them. Usually there's a curtain in between the bed and sofa sleeper. The regular Balcony cabins sometimes just have the overhead bunk over the bed....and no sofa sleeper. Just our opinion though!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice.... I ended up going with a Celebrity ship, Mercury, for this trip (Alaska in May). The scheduling and pricing was a little better, and I've wanted to try out Celebrity for a while anyways. I got a 'Sky Suite', which is comparible to a JS but with a much larger balcony.

Archived