Tonic Water?

SweetP2

They certainly have tonic water at the bars.....Mrs. K would go through withdrawal without her gin and tonics! :o I never thought to check or ask if you could get tonic water in the no-host refrigerator setup in the cabin. Since all sodas are a charged item on HAL there are no "soda stations" like you might see in a fast food place.

We preordered a Gin and Tonic package for the cabin- Beefeater Gin for 26.90 and 3 cans of Tonic for 6.03! 3 cans won't cut it but it will get us started. Maybe a stop at the grocery store for a larger bottle may be in order. My husband says just buy as we go but we will see. :)

sue

I am a G&T guy and there is nothing better then Canada Dry tonic water imho

Robb

Couldnt agree with you more Robb on your taste of tonic, nothing like a G & T with Canada Dry:) Its the ONLY kind I choose.

Thanks everyone for your input. I now know of all the options and probably will try each one :D of the options suggested!

You HAL CCrs are awesome. It is just wonderful how you generously share your knowledge. To this newbie, the HAL board has been a gold mine of information.

Yummy, sipping G & T from our AFT verandah on the Navigation Deck for 3 weeks...cannot wait till April 2007.

We cruised on the Westerdam in early December, and, loving our gin & tonic, brought on three quart bottles of tonic water, and bought a Tangeray gin bottle on board. This approach worked out really well.

We actually bought the tonic and five wines when we arrived in Ft. Lauderdale, and carried all aboard the ship the next day.

This thread reminded me of a funny story -

Maybe 12 years ago at a wedding I asked John to get me a club soda with lime from the bar. He comes back with my drink & I thirstily take a long swig. It's tonic water :eek:. Ugh! Soooo bitter.

Now, I've never ordered tonic water. Ever. Why he thought to ask the barkeep for that, I'll never know. No one at our table, all family (& non-drinkers :rolleyes:), could understand why I was so put off. So, I passed around the glass & had everyone take a sip. Well, that did it. All agreed that the tonic was quite distasteful all by itself. :p

Archived