pier shuttle??

chon

I've read on a previous post about a shuttle that takes you from your hotel in miami to the port for $13.00 a person. Does anyone know how to find out about this? We're staying at the miami best western airport inn and suites. They have an airport shuttle, but not a port shuttle. Thanks.:confused: :)

Never used the shuttle in Miami but haved used shuttles in the past from hotels and never again. Especially the shuttle service in Port Canaveral it was a disaster. The problem is that their are a lot of passengers trying to get to the port at about the same time. We had reservations for a ten o'clock shuttle and when a shuttle did arrive they had no list of who was supposed to be on what shuttle or what time they had reserved. It soon became a free for all with people throwing bags around. Quite frankly I had never seen anything like it and ended up calling a cab which cost just a couple bucks more than the shuttle including tip. Someone even tried to hijack the cab but the driver asked their name and told them he would call another cab for them. I would seriously look into a cab first.

Many of the hotels that have shuttles to the pier have the same problem. I stayed at the LaQuinta Miami Airport East. I had a 10:00 departure time. I went out front at 9:45 and there were at least 50 people out front. Some had the 10:00 time, some the 11:00 and others 12 and 1:00pm. When the van arrived some people were trying to get on the shuttle earlier than their scheduled time. Also a family from Arizona had 30 people and around ten rooms. The front desk only had them listed for 10, ten rooms instead of 30 people in ten rooms. They all made it to the port on time. I saved some money on the hotel, but next time I'm going to stay closer to the port and just get a cab.

Archived