Radiance vs. Mariner

I was looking for some help; we are debating between Radiance of the Seas vs. Mariner of the Seas while this question may be like choosing a car based on color I was wondering, does Mariner of the Seas have a Adventure beach area (kids pool) that the Radiance class has, with a tube slide and a place for adults to sit and watch? We really liked that on Jewel of the Seas when we went (we have been on Voyager of the Seas but we were sans DD and do not remember) Thanks for the help.

DD is 7 now

I've never paid attention to the kids pool area, but I think the Voyager class offers more, especially where kids are concerned. They will love the ice show, and if they skate, they can do that on this ship! There's also the inside promenade, if you need to get them out of the sun for a while.

However, both ships are nice, so you really can't go wrong!

Another component that my DH (TheBeachBears) neglected to mention is this: we may be taking his dad on his first cruise. We are pretty sure we will get two balcony cabins-one for DH and I and one for DD and Grandpa. We want DD to be happily entertained on the sea day(s) and she just loved the AO beach area on Jewel. But we also want Grandpa (who will be a young 65 at the time) to enjoy his first cruise. He is not sure about a cruise because he thinks he will get seasick. We are going to avoid small boat excursions (like stingray city) and stick to tours and beaches.

With that being said, can anyone recommend one over the other? We are looking at western for both-ROS is 6 night and MOS is 7 night. It is easier for us to get to MCO and transfer to PC than fly to FLL. Key West would be somewhere Grandpa would like to visit.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. We are not looking to go until 3/2008, but are hoping we can book while on our cruise this March in order to get OBC and platinum discount.

Thanks all!!!

Hello Veronica~~

My folks live up in your neck of the woods.....those upstate NY winters can be something. So this makes me think the 7 night cruise would be the better choice simply because it is 7 nights!!! One night more than a 6-nighter.

Both the Radiance and the Mariner are beautiful and fun, and the itineraries will put you in some wonderful warm weather just when you need it. Go for the longer cruise!

Leslie

Archived