Sharing a soda card

Yeah, but once the cruise line wants to share its fuel cost with you it's over with what momma taught you right?

:D

See you were able to pull yourself away from "the most disgusting thing you ever saw on the pool deck" thread.

Getting a vicarious thrill reading about cruisers seeing men popping out of their shorts in the whirlpool? Now that you know where to hang out to get a good view, maybe you'll get lucky on your next cruise.

I was thinking of getting my 12 year old the soda card. I take it he can use it everywhere (including the living room etc). If he doesnt have a soda card are there any free drinks in the living room/teen nightclub. If thats the case I take it that it would be worth while getting him one as he will be out and about I expect a fair bit??????

I was thinking of getting my 12 year old the soda card. I take it he can use it everywhere (including the living room etc). If he doesnt have a soda card are there any free drinks in the living room/teen nightclub. If thats the case I take it that it would be worth while getting him one as he will be out and about I expect a fair bit??????

Yeh you can use it everywhere, but there are no free drinks in the living room or teen area (or at least there weren't on Jewel)

So it would probably be worth it.

Yeh you can use it everywhere, but there are no free drinks in the living room or teen area (or at least there weren't on Jewel)

So it would probably be worth it.

Thanks Joanna, think I will invest in one for him. Not for my 5 year old though, I dont think.

See you were able to pull yourself away from "the most disgusting thing you ever saw on the pool deck" thread.

Getting a vicarious thrill reading about cruisers seeing men popping out of their shorts in the whirlpool? Now that you know where to hang out to get a good view, maybe you'll get lucky on your next cruise.

LOL! What a riot!!:D

• 1 month later...

we did this for the first time on our last cruise (dont know why it took us so long to think about it) and it worked out nicely...never had an issues with it and it saved us a reasonable amount of money...after the first couple nights the wait staff didnt even care, they just brought us each sodas even though they knew we had just the one card

What I think is bad is that the cards are priced differently. Why should it be dearer if your an adult? You dont pay extra anywhere else for that reason. (especially if your 18/20 and cant have anything else)

Yeah that's a good point.

Hahaha...what I love about 'discussions' such as this is how self righteous the anti-sharing (or anti-drink smuggling) faction generally is. Sometimes I think somehow CC has halfway merged with a message-board from a nunnery, for how perfect some people think they are. :rolleyes:

We bought the soda card for our son, and he ended up drinking fruit punch and lemonade all week. :rolleyes: We won't be doing that again. :D

If you're concerned with spending $42 for the soda card, the fact that there are other beverages available (iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch) might be something worth considering. :)

Hahaha...what I love about 'discussions' such as this is how self righteous the anti-sharing (or anti-drink smuggling) faction generally is. Sometimes I think somehow CC has halfway merged with a message-board from a nunnery, for how perfect some people think they are. :rolleyes:

Interesting; so it is "self righteous" to think that people should follow the rules? Or does this only apply to rules that you yourself feel is "OK" to violate? Like it or not, sharing a soda card constitutes theft. it is no different than going to an all you can eat buffet on land, purchasing one meal, and sneaking food to a second person. This has nothing to do with being self righteous; it is just fact.

Last I checked I am far from qualified from being froma nunnery. :rolleyes:

What I think is bad is that the cards are priced differently. Why should it be dearer if your an adult? You dont pay extra anywhere else for that reason. (especially if your 18/20 and cant have anything else)

You do for many shore excursions.

This thread is quite amusing...stopped to check out the topic on my way to our Roll Call thread.

Since we prefer Pepsi instead of Coke anyway, I bring my own on board. Unless the rules have changed, you can bring non-alcoholic beverages such as soda and water on board with you. I have even seen people check in, get all of their stuff on board the ship in New Orleans and then hop back off to go get soda and bring back on board...I usually just pack 1 8-pack of the Pepsi 20oz plastic bottles loosely in my largest suitcase. It is enough for me and my son whenever we need a fix, other than that he drinks the free lemonade and iced tea, and I usually am sipping something a little stronger.

Don't think of it as "Adults pay more".

Think of it as "Kids get a discount".

:D

I have been on many cruises and saw people sharing their soda or alcohol drink with someone else. I don't know what the big deal is. You people sure do like to complain. Relax and take a chill pill. I thought a cruise was suppose to be relaxing. You people are busy bodies worring about what others are doing. When I am on my cruise I could care less what others are doing. I am there to enjoy myself. Are the cruise police out checking to see if your sharing a soda? I never seen anyone checking. My husband and I buy soda as we want it, as we don't drink that much soda. But if we got a soda card we would probaly share it. Chill out. Enjoy your cruise.

I have been on many cruises and saw people sharing their soda or alcohol drink with someone else. I don't know what the big deal is. You people sure do like to complain. Relax and take a chill pill. I thought a cruise was suppose to be relaxing. You people are busy bodies worring about what others are doing. When I am on my cruise I could care less what others are doing. I am there to enjoy myself. Are the cruise police out checking to see if your sharing a soda? I never seen anyone checking. My husband and I buy soda as we want it, as we don't drink that much soda. But if we got a soda card we would probaly share it. Chill out. Enjoy your cruise.

I agree! Who cares! In the end no one has control but yourself, unless there are soda-card police.

Archived