How late is too late to arrive at FLL for a 4pm cruise in Miami

hammsz

I arrive at 115 pm is that ok? Have a tri counties transportation pass to get a van ride to the port. Its sat feb 3 superbowl weekend. Should i be the least bit worried? Is there another route other than I-95? Like my non-stop flight from Newport News VA. THere are much earlier flights but they go through atlanta and that place is just a freakin joke to fly in and out of. Thank you so much fellow critic members!!!

Traffic is going to be very heavy that weekend and that area is bad enough on a normal day. You have to be on the ship by 3:30. Personally I would not do it as anything can happen especially if the plane is late arriving. I would try to get on a flight that lands before noon. By the way Atlanta is not that bad on the weekends.

General rule is have a flight that lands no less than 4 hours before you ship leaves, so for a 4:00 departure your flight should arrive by around noon or earlier. FLL is 45 minutes away from the port, you have to be onboard by 3:30, who knows how long it will take for your luggage to come off the plane, you aren't leaving yourself much leeway for delays. Definitely try for an earlier flight.

One thing to think about, if you miss the cruise, what's the next port that you can catch up to the ship at AND how much will it cost you to purchase a ticket to get there, and for hotel rooms in the interim.

I arrive at 115 pm is that ok? Have a tri counties transportation pass to get a van ride to the port. Its sat feb 3 superbowl weekend. Should i be the least bit worried? Is there another route other than I-95? Like my non-stop flight from Newport News VA. THere are much earlier flights but they go through atlanta and that place is just a freakin joke to fly in and out of. Thank you so much fellow critic members!!!

Hi Hammsz- Take an earlier flight and chill in the Atlanta airport.:D Hope cruise line meets you at the airport, if you have their transfer to the ship:) Happy cruising, Paul & Trudi:cool:

I'm sorry but you should get the earliest flight you possibly can.

Ideally, you should fly in the day before but at this point you couldn't get a hotel room in that vicinity. The reason is that if your flight is delayed or worse off canceled you can easily miss the cruise. Given that most flights are flying at full capacity if your flight is canceled then you run the risk of not being able to get on another flight. Remember Murphy's law.

So, at this point you should get the earliest flight you possibly can. Yes, roadways will be congested. They are this time of the year anyway due to the fact that it is the season for Florida and they will likely be more busy then. And, what if your flight gets delayed by several hours.

Best advice is to take the first flight there.

Keith

I arrive at 115 pm is that ok? Have a tri counties transportation pass to get a van ride to the port. Its sat feb 3 superbowl weekend. Should i be the least bit worried?

I wouldn't give it a second thought, you'll be just fine.

Your not the only cruiser coming in on Superbowl Saturday, I'm sure there's a lot arriving later then you as well. The cruiselines will be affected just as you are on this day, it will be interesting to see whether or not they depart on schedule. If you were arriving at 3:15pm you'd have something to really worry about. Don't give it a second thought. Have a great vacation. ;)

I really appreciate the kind responses. I like having the non-stop flight from home so i dont have to worry about luggage not making it to the 2nd plane in Atlanta. I have checked this particular flight lately and it has been arriving early every day since its inception on Nov 8th when they started this new non stop service. I may get to the airport by 1245 and get my bags 20 mins later then get to the boat by 230 at the latest. By that time port traffic will be long gone. Thanks for all the tips.

Archived