Question about Onboard Credit Certificates

lauren0309

I sent in $200 worth of onboard credit certificates about two months ago. I called Crown and Anchor and they confimed that they received them and $200 onboard credit was applied to my account. I just redeemed another certificate for $50.00 and received it yesterday. I mailed it out last night. On the back it says the onboard credit certificate must be received 5 days prior to sailing in order to get applied to my account. My question is, with the mail being slow with the holidays can I call up Crown and Anchor and give them my certificate number to ask them to apply the credit to my account? I sent the certificate back last night but I don't know if it will reach them in time. My cruise is in 14 days.

I too am in the same "boat";) I called this past Sunday for another $50 certificate we just earned. It is now Saturday and it hasn't arrived. We are sailing on 1/13, basically I am a sitting duck at this point. I didn't know you could call in the certificates. Let us know what happens.

Thanks, enjoy your trip!

I tried faxing the certifcate in, but got an email that they would not accept a faxed copy and needed the actual certificate to be mailed in. I had called and talked to a RCCL rep who had told me to fax it in and followed her instructions. 3 days later I received the email telling me a faxed copy would not be accepted.

I would think if a faxed copy which also has the certificate numbers right on it, would not be accepted, then calling in the numbers also would not be accepted.

I also would be wary of believing what the RCCL customer service rep instructs since she's the one who told me to fax the certificate in.

We got ours from when we tried to book a cruise while we were onboard a cruise. The rep who books the cruises ran out of time. She was really backed up and so she gave us the certificate so we could make the reservation after we got back. Usually the rep books the cruise on board and doesn't give out certificates unless for some reason there is some type of issue or problem.

I sent in $200 worth of onboard credit certificates about two months ago. I called Crown and Anchor and they confimed that they received them and $200 onboard credit was applied to my account. I just redeemed another certificate for $50.00 and received it yesterday. I mailed it out last night. On the back it says the onboard credit certificate must be received 5 days prior to sailing in order to get applied to my account. My question is, with the mail being slow with the holidays can I call up Crown and Anchor and give them my certificate number to ask them to apply the credit to my account? I sent the certificate back last night but I don't know if it will reach them in time. My cruise is in 14 days.

It sounds too late for this cert, but...There are different ways to send the certs. For example FedEx, UPS that have guaranteed delivery including overnite, and even USPS has speedier methods(for a price). One added suggestion, if you want to make sure they got it, pick a method that requires a signature on the other end.

It's not exactly the same thing, but I have faxed in C & A coupons for discounts and received a confirmation fax back stating that they had been received and credited. It seems that the procedures for redemption of certificates should be consistent. Especially, if going to the same place. I have good luck when I call C & A, stay on the line( not pressing 1) and end up at the center in Kansas. Good luck. One time, the CSR even Emailed the ship about my C & A status because it was incorrect and all my proper credits were there onboard. HINT: Just before your cruise, you can request an email of your entire booking ID with all credits, etc. shown from the CSR. That way, you'll know what you have. Take it with you. I did. No problems.

I am so mad at myself. I had intentions of mailing the coupon priority mail but yesterday when I got the coupon in the mail I forgot all about it because I was in a rush to go out to meet our friends so I just slippped it in an envelope and sent it right out at the post office mailbox without even thinking about the priority mail. I sent it on Friday so maybe they'll get it by Tuesday or Wedesday.

if so scan both sides of the cert & email it to her/him, so they can contact their party at RCCL to apply it. Then copy it for your records & mail to address on the back (I think it is in Wichita KS). I won't hurt to call C&A at RCCL to tell them the cert # so they apply it telling them it is in the mail to them.

Thanks, I will call them tomorrow to tell them its in the mail and see if they will apply it to my account.

How did you make out? I just got my certificate for OBC in the mail today. We are sailing on 1/13-can't get to the post office until Tuesday as it is late Saturday now and they are closed on Monday for the holiday. I am hoping I get it to them in time for our cruise.

How did you make out? I just got my certificate for OBC in the mail today. We are sailing on 1/13-can't get to the post office until Tuesday as it is late Saturday now and they are closed on Monday for the holiday. I am hoping I get it to them in time for our cruise.
Not open Tuesday either

If I were you I would send it priority mail which is only $4.95. I was in such a rush I forgot to send it out that way. Anyway, I called Crown and Anchor and told them I sent it last week and my cruise is Jan. 7th. She told me not to worry that it will be applied to my account in time. I told her just to make sure, can she please take down the number on my coupon voucher. She took down the number and my reservation number and said the $50 will be credited to my seapass account.

Just a heads up they will be no mail on Tuesday January 2nd. President Bush had declared it a day of mourning for President Ford Funeral. All non essential government agencies are close this includes the mail.

I work in local government and we were hoping to be closed, but no the mayor says we have to work.

Christine

Just a heads up they will be no mail on Tuesday January 2nd. President Bush had declared it a day of mourning for President Ford Funeral. All non essential government agencies are close this includes the mail.

I work in local government and we were hoping to be closed, but no the mayor says we have to work.

Christine

You've got to be kidding.............this is just my luck. I guess it's pushed off until Wednesday.

anytime I have had a coupon or saving certificate to redeem I would email RCCL at coupons@rccl.com

enter the code number, name of ship, sail date, and names of people in your reservation and ressie number. I have never had a problem getting the credit within a weeks time span.

thanks beary,

I will definately do this before mailing out the original!

Pach

thanks beary,

I will definately do this before mailing out the original!

Pach

Did email rccl but never rec'd anything back. I finally was able to mail out the original certificate today, hopefully it will get to them in time.

Archived