Seven Seas Navigator Feb 18th Sailing Roll Call

beartrap495

Hello Pam from Memphis. Yes we are from Tn. Looking forward to the cruise. Our first time on Regent. We have friends, another couple from Michigan who are meeting us at the port for the cruise. We met them a couple of years ago on the MS Zaandam. Have you cruised this particular ship before? If so would love to hear your thoughts about it. Until then thanks for responding. Beartrap

This will be our second cruise on Navigator, we have been on Mariner twice and Voyager twice. We just feel like Regent is the perfect line for us. No long lines, happy cheerful crew, open seating in Compass Rose.

Sounds great, I can't hardly wait. We cruise about 3 times a year .We are trying this one because it is a smaller ship, less people, and hopefully will provide better service.Well have a Merry Christmas and thanks for helping me keep this infant post going. Beartrap

Pam,

Hard to believe that 2007 is here. It will take some time getting used to. It won't be long now and we will be on our cruise. We are so excited. Tell us more about cruising on Regent.

We are traveling with another couple that we met on a cruise 4 years ago and have cruised with them every year since then. We are also celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on this cruise.

Karen(DW) is shopping and getting ready to sail. We haven't booked any excursions yet. Have you?

Well, hope that 2006 is better for you than 2007. Seavy

How fun! We celebrated our 25th on Navigator, last year. We'll be celebrating #26 in New Orleans in a couple of weeks, then re-celebrating on Navigator.

We have been to most of the ports before, and are anticipating going back to see what has changed. We have booked an excursion on St. Maarten that goes to the French side, one on Tortola that tours the island, and a whale watching one from the island in Dominican Republic.

If you'd like to be in touch by email, the one that I usually use is pamlur at gmail.com It gets a lot of spam, but gmail is good to filter it out.

We really like Regent, and the all-inclusive will mean more people in the lounges before dinner. The staff is always smiling, everybody speaks in the hallways. It's very comfortable.

I meant, I hope things are even better for you in 2007 than in 2006. The brain/finger thing got confused.

I will try the email. It is very exciting to be traveling with folks from our own state. We are driving to Fla. Are you driving or flying? We are closer to the port than you. But you probably have a larger airport near you to fly out of.

Our friends are flying in from Michigan. We are planning to meet them at the airport.

Have a good weekend. Seavy & Karen

Our first trip on Naviator and Regent of course. the chatter makes me excited to try this line. We are from Washington State and love cruising for the convenience of less details to care about and less chance of things being messed up. See you then

Welcome Narita,

Who is traveling with you? My husband and myself and traveling with another couple that we met 4 years ago on a cruise and became friends. We have cruised together once a year since then.

It won't be long now. ;-) Karen & Seavy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing the Doc Dance. LOL Time is passing , less than a month to go. Oh my what to pack. Still in the my same cabin, no upgrade but who cares, I'm sailing away in 28 days on the NAVIGATOR. My wife is presently on the Majesty of the Seas, should return Saturday. She will be so excited over the

docs since her cruise bug bite is bigger than mine. Everyone have a nice day

and God bless. Seavy

We have had the harshest winter in years,( we live in the Puget sound-and usually have marine temperatures) no exageration at all. so we are soooo looking forward to this get away. But we have no documents. Could they come today? Do I understand you have yours? do they come from Regent or from your TA? Ours is sunbreaking in Asia as I write--so maybe ours will be later?

Our docs came from Regent out of Omaha. I know you will be glad to see some warmer weather. Our friends who are next door to us on deck 5 have not received their docs yet. They live in Michigan, we are in TN. They are a couple we met 4 years ago and we have traveled together cruising about 1 time each year. He is a lawyer/judge, she runs his office. I am a retired military pilot, my wife a physician , also retired. Looking forward to meeting new friends on the Navigator. We will have great fun. Take care and stay warm. Seavy and Karen

I just heard from my TA that she has our docs and we'll have them on Tuesday. She checks with me before she sends them out, to make sure we are here to receive them. This was perfect timing, because we just got home from a quick New Orleans trip. Had to get our oyster and jazz fix in, we missed last year completely.

It dawned on me today that we are a month out! Can't wait!

Narita, We have cruised on smaller ships. I really like the ambience of the smaller ones. DH likes a larger ship. However, what he likes about this cruise is the ports of call being all day and having one almost every day of the cruise. We are also looking forward to an all-inclusive cruise experience. We both like meeting people and look forward to a more intimate environment for making new friends.

Pam, Should we make restaurant reservations prior to embarkation? We were thinking of waiting until we are onboard to decide when we want to try the specialty restaurant. Is that a mistake? We are thinking of booking a catarmaran excursion this week. Do the excursions tend to fill up quickly on Regent?

Karen (Seavy too)

I'm not making any restaurant reservations before we sail. Last year, the menu for Compass Rose was so good every night that we never mananged to eat at Portofino.

I don't know about excursions for this itinerary filling up. If you want to make sure, go ahead and book it because you can always cancel and they happily refund your money. I had booked one on Voyager last August that I still don't know how I thought we'd be able to do it. I just went to the tour desk, and they cancelled it and refunded immediately.

what you may enjoy with all inclusive is that people tend to gather at the pool bar at 5 and have conversations and a drink or two of the day--mud slides--or Margueritas-- or whatever becasue it is inclusive. On other cruises people scatter to rooms for cocktails and not bear the cost of maybe being caught in buying a round for the table that has gathered and is having fun. So for a many thousand dollar cruise trip- people are unwilling to pay for that priviledge for maybe $50. I am a non drinker--but I love to hang out about that time of day and drink with friends--new and old.

what you may enjoy with all inclusive is that people tend to gather at the pool bar at 5 and have conversations and a drink or two of the day--mud slides--or Margueritas-- or whatever becasue it is inclusive. On other cruises people scatter to rooms for cocktails and not bear the cost of maybe being caught in buying a round for the table that has gathered and is having fun. So for a many thousand dollar cruise trip- people are unwilling to pay for that priviledge for maybe $50. I am a non drinker--but I love to hang out about that time of day and drink with friends--new and old.

I have tried to answer your questions several times today, and cc never took my message; please don't think I am rude.

If you want to book the excursion, go for it! If you change your mind at least 24 hours out, they'll cancel for you and refund the charge.

I am not going to make any restaurant reservations before we get there. Last year, Compass Rose was so good every night that we never made it upstairs.

Archived